Associate, Corporate Banking , Food, Consumer & Retail (R210031524_Chicago)
Address:111 W Monroe - 115 S LaSalle
Job Family Group:Capital Mrkts Sales & Service
BMO Capital Markets is a leading, full-service financial services provider. We offer corporate and investment banking, treasury management, as well as research and advisory services to clients around the world. #bmocapitalmarkets
Supports the origination and structuring of corporate lending transactions, and coordinates with other products as an integral part of a larger coverage team that maintains strong client relationships. Includes providing lending expertise for a variety of sectors, establishing credit facilities to support trading products business and facilitating credit approvals in support of Trade Finance products. Supports the cross sell of Corporate Banking products (e.g. FX / treasury products, cash management & corporate cards, commodities, investment management, securitization, leasing, Trade Finance products, etc.) to BMO Capital Market clients. Also provides ongoing management of the lending portfolio.
- Creates pitch books for clients with respect to financial solutions and participate in their presentation to clients.
- Monitors client, client industry and regulatory agencies for potential changes which may affect client’s portfolio and business needs.
- Initiates contact with partners for new client sales.
- Participates in deal teams to develop, present and win mandates for new opportunities.
- Partners with deal team and product specialists for accurate, detailed client information.
- Prepares credit documentation (i.e. including applications, memoranda, historical and projected financial analysis, presentations, etc.) for internal and external stakeholders.
- Directly manages a diverse portfolio of private and middle market companies with progression toward increasing client responsibility.
- Reviews and continually monitors performance of existing accounts and client relationships.
- Identifies opportunities to diversify client portfolios.
- Understands the needs of clients and provides relevant ideas and opinions to generate recommendations.
- Identifies opportunities for increased efficiency and improved service to internal and external clients.
- Provides analytical findings to deal teams.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Ensures alignment between stakeholders.
- Creates financial models to analyze client portfolios and anticipate client needs.
- Uses financial analysis to proactively identify opportunities to cross-sell.
- Generates updated financial models/ analyses as business needs and industry requirements dictate.
- Analyzes/assesses industry compilations.
- Applies appropriate technical concepts and completes/leads consistent and reliable technical and financial reports/analyses to support client deliverables.
- Completes due diligence and credit analysis on new and existing client relationships. May includes client visits, analysis of business models, and comprehensive review of industry trends and related regulations.
- Understand complexity of transactions and related risk (credit, market, operational, legal/compliance, etc.).
- Provides feedback on, and, supports continuous improvement opportunities.
- Integrates information from multiple sources to enable more efficient processes, enhanced analysis and/or streamlined reporting.
- Provides direction and feedback to Analysts; accountable for development and mentoring of Analysts, where applicable.
- Considers risk, internal controls and compliance as part of day-to-day accountabilities and adheres to policies and procedures.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 3 - 5 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Undergraduate degree has academic coursework in finance, economics, or accounting with an outstanding academic achievement.
- 3+ years of banking or valuation experience at a financial analyst level.
- Knowledge of capital markets, investment banking products and applicable regulations.
- Credit analysis experience/ understanding.
- Completion of a credit training preferred
- Good knowledge of the organizational lending and portfolio management policies and objectives.
- Demonstrates solid deal/transaction execution and/or project management skills.
- Exceptional skills in quantitative analytics, financial modeling and credit analysis skills.
- Expertise in financial computer applications and database management tools.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at [Register to View] .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.