Service Manager (BMO Tower) (R220000851_Chicago)
Address:338 S. Canal St
Job Family Group:Retail Banking Sales & Service
Guides, directs, and coaches employees to deliver exceptional service to BMO customers and prospects. Understands the needs of BMO customers or prospects to provide sales and service in the best interests of the customer. Advises customers on products and strategies that meet their financial objectives. Identifies and makes referrals to other business groups. Supports sales and customer service activities to meet strategic customer experience and profitability goals in compliance with legal and regulatory requirements and the Bank’s policies and processes.
- Fosters a culture aligned to BMO purpose, values and strategy and role models BMO values and behaviours in all that they do.
- Ensures alignment between values and behaviour that fosters diversity and inclusion.
- Regularly connects work to BMO's purpose, sets inspirational goals, defines clear expected outcomes, and ensures clear accountability for follow through.
- Builds interdependent teams that collaborate across functional and operating groups to create the highest value for all stakeholders.
- Attracts, retains, and enables the career development of top talent.
- Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance, coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor performance.
- Probes to understand customer personal banking and credit card needs and integrates marketing promotions and programs into customer conversations to provide strategic advice in the best interests of the customer.
- Coordinates service requests and problem resolution processes to ensure accurate completion and follow-up that meets or exceeds customer expectations, or escalates for resolution.
- Generates leads to build and maintain customer relationships, resulting in outcomes that define a great customer experience.
- Supports the Bank’s community involvement and participates in community activities.
- Resolves customer related issues using knowledge of bank services, products, and processes.
- Fulfills sales and service activities for the customer in accordance with approved procedures.
- Provides input into area business and market plans to optimize new and existing business opportunities within the community.
- Establishes relationships with business partners (e.g. CDC, MasterCard, Symcor, etc.) to maintain knowledge of interdependent systems and related policies and procedures.
- Reviews results and performance measures against plans and standards (e.g. sales targets, service targets, referral targets) to address gaps and develop plans.
- Analyzes data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Provides technical training and support to branch employees to maintain operational and sales effectiveness and recommends improvements.
- Manages transactional outcomes for customer calls or defers to appropriate internal business groups.
- Resolves complex or unresolved customer situations or escalates to the next higher manager for resolution.
- Maintains current knowledge of personal banking and credit card industries, practices, and trends and integrates into customer conversations.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Maintains the confidentiality of customer and Bank information.
- Identifies and reports suspicious patterns of activity that are suspected to be related to money laundering.
- Complies with all legal and regulatory requirements for the jurisdiction.
- Completes complex & diverse tasks within given rules/limits and may include handling escalations from other employees.
- Analyzes issues and determines next steps.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 2 - 3 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study desirable or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Basic banking or customer service/sales or equivalent experience.
- Previous supervisory or management experience - preferred.
- General knowledge of retail banking products and services.
- General knowledge of applicable regulations, audit standards, and related policies, procedures, and directives.
- Working knowledge of competitive marketplace and trends in product offerings.
- General knowledge of branch operational processes and policies.
- General knowledge of branch technologies, processes, and performance metrics.
- Specialized knowledge.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Good.
- Organization skills - Good.
- Collaboration & team skills - Good.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Good.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at [Register to View] .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.