Financial Advisor-BMO Investment Services (R220002085_Brookfield)
Address:235 N Executive Drive
Job Family Group:Wealth Sales & Service
This role is accountable to invoke trust and build strong client relationships, determine individual investment needs and provide professional, customized advice to ensure client’s financial goals are met. The Financial Advisor is responsible for providing a superior client onboarding experience, actively reviewing client portfolios and preparing and presenting appropriate investment solutions by leveraging various tools provided by the bank.
Being the first point of client contact, the Financial Advisor’s core mandate is to provide investment recommendations based of client suitability, time frame and goals. The Financial Advisor has the ultimate goal of building and solidifying customer loyalty while deepening client relationships.
- Understanding financial markets and recognize when to provide clients advice
- Investment product subject matter expert (15 product categories)
- Mutual Funds
- Managed Accounts
- Marked Linked CDs
- Unit Investment Trust
- Retirement planning
- Fee Based Account annual reviews
- Responsible for the continued growth of the portfolio
- Meet monthly sales goal
- Outside Asset Gathering (i.e., prospecting from existing and net new clients)
- Advice on Maturities
- Uncovering un-invested opportunities
Manage direct client relationships and maintaining a group of clients with total assets of $100MM
Adhering to internal and FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority) Audit requirements
The Advisor is to act as the gatekeeper and is responsible for various approvals in order to satisfy industry regulators
- Investment Reviews
- Developing Financial Plans
- Solution Positioning
- Protecting client Personal Information
AML (Anti Money Laundering)
- Implementing further AML requirements on house and assigned accounts
- Discipline order/confirmation
- Determine need for the trade
- Adhere to (DOL) Department of Labor conflict of interest rules (BIC)Best Interest Contract for every recommendation
- Be current and adapting the constantly changing regulatory environment
- Referral training for CCC (client contact center) employees and branch bankers
Accountabilities / Decision Making / Scope & Impact
- Decision Making -- Provide investment recommendations based off client suitability, time frame, and goals
- Understanding and ability to explain Cost Basis, Tax documents, IRA (Individual Retirement Account) RMD (Required Minimum Distribution) withdrawals and early withdrawal penalties
- Attest to client accounts and all regulatory sign offs
- This role has direct impact on the achievement of key business unit objectives
Knowledge and Skills
- University Degree with a minimum of 3-5 years of financial industry experience
- Series 7 and 66 or (63 and 65) and able to obtain insurance licenses
- U4 clear background check requirements
- Continuing Education - FINRA and BMO administered
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at [Register to View] .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.