Commercial Accountant, Equipment Finance (R210031951_Milwaukee)
Address:790 N Water Street
Job Family Group:Finance & Accounting
Supports the accounting, provisioning, compliance, audits and governance for the commercial equipment finance teamand its businesses. Applies knowledge and research of the relevant accounting guidelines that can impact the business reporting and compliance. Develops tax related technical and accounting solutions and tax reporting advice.
- Develops solutions and makes recommendations based on an understanding of the business strategy and stakeholder needs.
- Provides advice and guidance to assigned business/group on implementation of solutions.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Helps determine business priorities and best sequence for execution of business/group strategy.
- Conducts independent analysis and assessment to resolve strategic issues.
- Acts as a resource for team members with less experience.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of tax accounting, reporting & compliance programs / processes e.g. tax provisioning, return filings, payments and audits.
- Supports the maintenance of the database / records management of all required filings and other tax compliance activities including audit responses; designs and produces regular and ad-hoc tracking reports to help ensure timely compliance.
- Researches and identifies position statements on current and proposed tax related issues, programs, initiative or legislation for the business/group/enterprise.
- Analyzes data and information to provide taxation insights and recommendations related to returns, re-assessments, objections etc.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to collect and provide tax information for related accounting entries; support tax provision; compliance; audits, etc.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Acts as liaison between stakeholders in order to align agendas and ensure a clear understanding of the business context.
- Monitors compliance with tax policies, procedures and controls to ensure completeness and accuracy of financial information.
- Executes work to deliver timely, accurate, and efficient service e.g. prepares / supports preparation of accounting entries, reconciliations, reporting packages and financial statements for tax provisions, payments and returns.
- Provides no tax advice directly or indirectly to particular customers or employees of BMOFG.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently on a range of complex tasks, which may include unique situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically between 4 - 6 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Accounting degree required, CPA preferred.
- Working knowledge in the application of corporate taxes preferred.
- Working knowledge in the application of accounting concepts.
- Technical proficiency gained through education and/or business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at [Register to View] .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.