Director Product Management (2022-31012)
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum, Suddenlink, Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that matters. We're building a workforce that thrives on collaboration, inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential role is just the beginning.Responsibilities
Are you a customer-driven product management expert who can work within a start-up technology business culture for new portfolio product development projects? Altice USA is a large company that adopts a start-up culture when focused on new product development, and we are looking for that Dir. Product Management who is ready for a challenge to be part of an expanding category of new products.
The Dir. Product Management is a strategic role that analyzes product-oriented market opportunities, formulates plans that evaluate those opportunities, and then creates plans that guide the subsequent marketing efforts. The Dir. Product Management also has domain expertise, from an engineering perspective.
The Dir. Product Management must own the strategy and future of your product, but also contribute to the strategic direction of associated product portfolio. In this role you will also influence company strategic direction by sharing market and customer insights, competitive knowledge and domain expertise.
As Dir. Product Management, you will guide a team that is charged with a product(s) as a business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of existing products to developing new products for the company. You will build products from existing ideas and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy, as well as a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand problems and find innovative solutions for the broader market. You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company, and you will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering, working with the sales channel and key customers.
This position has a lead role in the total success of B2B products (Internet, Voice, Video) for SMB, Mid-market, Enterprise, and Carriers. Inclusive of this responsibility are:
- Own the Profit & Loss of the product and responsible for success
- Managing the product life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
- Specifying market requirements for current and future products by conducting market research supported by ongoing visits to customers and non-customers
- Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing Communications) through market & product requirements, product differentiation, and positioning,
- Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, driving operational readiness, and working with all departments to execute
- Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product
- Understand the market needs from a new technology perspective and how it impacts the product portfolio
- Become an expert in an industry through curiosity, drive, and experimentation
- Ability to talk to current and new customers and maintain an energetic, purposeful conversation, and serve as the voice of the customer in decisions made regarding future products
- Minimum of 10 years of experience preferably at a technology company, and 5+ years experience as Owner of product with experience launching successful products. 3+ years' experience in people management is required.
- Must have experience in taking products from ideation to market in the B2B telecom Services space
- Must have working knowledge of HFC/DOCSIS, GPON/FTTH, WiFi, and CPE specifications. Experience in Network Security, MPLS, Cloud or SDN will be a plus.
- Can demonstrate clear understanding of the entire product development process. Understanding of PLM process and understands critical stages of development.
- College or university degree, preferably in science or engineering
- Knowledgeable across many functional areas, including product management, business acumen, business development, product marketing engineering, and marketing
- Ability to collaborate across teams, and lead without structured authority
- Business acumen: Need to understand business fundamentals of a product and market (like share gains, profitability, and addressable market). Clear understanding of cost structures and accounting principles. Ability to manage operating expenses against established budgets.
- Highly organized with keen attention to detail
- Knowledge of current and successful marketing trends
- Creative thinker; idea generator
- Solid teaming and collaboration skills; good listener
- Results and action-oriented, with the ability to translate results into proactive measures
- Exhibits confidence and a positive attitude, highly diplomatic yet assertive, demonstrating passion for the product and inspiring others
- Accepts ultimate responsibility for success of the product
Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers, professional or employment related information, photos, education information and/or protected classifications under federal and state law. This information is collected for employment purposes, including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant background screening, human resource administration and compliance with federal, state and local law.
***As a condition of employment, New York City requires all private-sector workers assigned to a location in the City to be vaccinated by December 27, 2021. Accommodations may be available for religious or medical reasons; please visit our accommodations link on the AUSA Career Site.