KippsDeSanto - Vice President, Aerospace and Defense Investment Banking (R131631)
Investment Banking Vice President
KippsDeSanto&Co. (“KDC”), a wholly owned subsidiary of Capital One, is seeking to hire an Investment Banking Vice President to support its mergers and acquisitions (“M&;A”) advisory practice within the Aerospace / Defense and Technology sectors. KDC is focused on providing comprehensive transaction advisory services – primarily M&A, private financing, and strategic advisory – to middle market Aerospace / Defense and Technology companies.
Our Vice Presidents perform critical functions as leaders and active contributors throughout the entire transaction process, from helping to prepare clients for market, engaging with potential buyers, and facilitating due diligence to ultimately negotiating and closing the deal. The position offers substantial opportunities for professional development and upward mobility, while taking on a substantial amount of responsibility in transaction execution, client management, and new business development.
General responsibilities include:
- Working closely with well-established Aerospace / Defense and Technology investment bankers who will act as mentors and work hard to help fulfill your career goals
- Analyzing and explaining detailed corporate and financial information
- Conducting industry and company-specific business due diligence
- Managing and assisting in the preparation of financial models and business valuations
- Preparing pitch books and client marketing presentations, memoranda, and deliverables
- Understanding the underlying trends that affect the Aerospace, Defense, and Government
- Technology industries
- Developing and cultivating client, prospective client, buyer, investor, and professional advisor relationships
- Mentorship of junior bankers
- Bachelor degree
- At least 6 years of investment banking, private equity, or other financial services experience or an MBA degree with at least 3 years of investment banking, private equity, or other financial services experience
- An MBA degree from a well-regarded business school and / or an undergraduate degree from a well-regarded institution
- Prior Associate and Vice President experience (with a track-record of being promoted internally)
- Significant track record of M&A or financing deal execution
- Strong analytical, financial, and quantitative skills
- Strong written and oral presentation, verbal communication, and creative and strategic thinking skills
- Ability to work independently and lead teams in a fast-paced environment
- Strong work ethic and attention to detail
- Ability to manage a variety of priorities and projects simultaneously
- A passion for excellence and a desire to work hard, win, and have fun
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.No agencies please. Capital One is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, age, national origin, religion, physical and mental disability, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/assignment, citizenship, pregnancy or maternity, protected veteran status, or any other status prohibited by applicable national, federal, state or local law. Capital One promotes a drug-free workplace. Capital One will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; New York City’s Fair Chance Act; Philadelphia’s Fair Criminal Records Screening Act; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation, please contact Capital One Recruiting at 1-[Register to View] or via email at [Register to View] . All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations.
For technical support or questions about Capital One's recruiting process, please send an email to [Register to View] [Register to View] One does not provide, endorse nor guarantee and is not liable for third-party products, services, educational tools or other information available through this site.
Capital One Financial is made up of several different entities. Please note that any position posted in Canada is for Capital One Canada, any position posted in the United Kingdom is for Capital One Europe and any position posted in the Philippines is for Capital One Philippines Service Corp. (COPSSC).