Senior Specialist, Military Resale (J0W10859613)
- Job Title: Senior Specialist, Military Resale
- Area of Responsibility: Inventory and Exchange
- Department: Military Resale
- Reports to: Director, Retail
- Location: Alexandria, VA
- Grade: 18
- FLSA Status: Exempt
Statement of Purpose
In coordination with the objectives established by the Director, Retail, lead and manage all distribution functions for Retail program. Manage Exchange accounts for the Military Resale program.
- in Others Divisions Frequently
- Supervisory Personnel Frequently
- Associated Agency Personnel Frequently
- Federal and/or State Government Agencies Occasionally
- Brokers, Distributors Frequently
A Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Marketing or related area from a regionally accredited university or college. An equivalent amount of experience and education may be acceptable.
Training and Specialized Knowledge
- Experience with developing and selling private label product lines
- Experience in retail concepts, practices, and procedures and in the distribution marketplace
- Knowledge of business and project planning.
- High degree of organizational skills and understanding of the interactions between marketing, sales, MIS and product distribution functions.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and conceptual skills.
- Knowledge of Commissary and Exchange systems.
Minimum of six (6) years of experience in retail, inventory and sales management. Military Resale experience is very beneficial.
- Communication Skills
- Customer Care
- Job Knowledge/Technical Skill
- Process Improvement
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinate all functions of Military Resale distribution system.
- Work with warehousing system to perform activities necessary to maintain a 97% Fill Rate.
- Determine and monitor delinquency causes, develop and track corrective action plans. Track and report on time performance by warehouse and distributors. Maintain a database log to document the occurrence of delinquencies and any corrective action plans. Work with distributor and sales information to generate forecasting data to improve fill rates.
- Act as liaison between agencies, warehouse and distributors, for all special requirements such as case pack changes, removal of obsolete inventory, handling of returned goods, etc.
- Create and manage exit strategy for deleted items to minimize salvage. Track costs associated with write-offs, salvage, dead stock, promotions and dead stock.
- Manage the startup of new products. Coordinate the distribution aspects and set up inventory levels for each New Product Introduction and communicate with the appropriate parties. Track and monitor inventory levels making changes as required. Generate monthly reports.
- Manage promotional/one-time buys/seasonal activity working with all stakeholders.
Determine proper inventory levels at warehouses and distributor to insure complete and on-time delivery of products. Provide a promotional analysis of the effectiveness of the promotions by store location one-month after promotional period. Highlight areas of opportunity.
- Provide monthly commissary sales reports analyzing promotional penetration, distribution effectiveness, top 50, and sales by base reports and develop plan of action for stores not meeting goals. Generate exchange reports analyzing sales by product and by location. Provide monthly broker reports for exchanges and commissaries measuring effectiveness by representative, and by regional manager. Highlight areas of opportunity. Track sales into the warehouse by agency. Create a monthly report by agency.
Agency Sales Management
- In conjunction with the goals set for the MR program, work with agencies in establishing and reaching annual sales objectives
- Provide monthly sales reports to the agencies
Exchange Account Management
In coordination and with guidance from the Direct of Retail manage and develop the Exchange Accounts.
- Establish and maintain relationships with the exchange buyers
- Focus on expanding distribution of Military Resale AB1 products and creating product opportunities in the Exchanges.
- Work with the broker exchange account manager to increase sales for current product assortments.
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The incumbent in this position will perform such other tasks as may be required for the effective operation of the Division/Department upon the request by his/her supervisor.
NIB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
NIB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualifications