Project Specialist, Channel Management (J0W10850342)
- Job Title: Project Specialist, Channel Management
- Department: Channel Management
- Reports To: Director, Channel Management
- Location: Alexandria, VA
- Grade: 17
- FSLA Status: Exempt/Part Time/20 hours per week
Statement of Purpose
This position is responsible for supporting the Channel Management Department in the areas of CRM/database management, reporting and analysis, budget tracking, marketing and event planning/coordination/logistics, account management support, and general Departmental support.
- Employees in Other Divisions Continually
- Supervisory Personnel Continually
- Nonprofit Agency Personnel Continually
- Source America Continually
- Federal and State Government Agencies Continually
- Private Sector Businesses Continually
- U.S. AbilityOne Commission Occasionally
- AbilityOne Development Continually
Bachelors degree from an accredited college or an equivalent combination of education and experience may also be acceptable. Completion of project and database management courses highly desirable.
Training and Specialized Knowledge/Skills
- Must be highly proficient in SalesForce, Microsoft Office, particularly Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Must have a solid grasp of database management skills, report writing and design for example, dashboards
- Must have a high aptitude for swiftly learning new technology/applications/software
- Must be capable of performing multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrates keen attention to detail, strong proofreading and editing skill
- Demonstrates excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly collaborative; demonstrates sound soft skills and interpersonal communications abilities and negotiating skills
- Must be capable of performing duties with minimal direction and supervision; displays excellent time management skills and is capable of setting priorities in order to accomplish tasks in a highly accurate fashion and timely manner
- Must establish and maintain effective relationships with a wide variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Must be comfortable operating in a high tempo, sometimes ambiguous work environment
- Communication Skills
- Ethics /Integrity
- Customer Care
- Job Knowledge/ Technical Skills
- Process Improvement
Three to five years of demonstrated progressive work history and increased responsibility in sales operations and complex office environments.
Less than 10%
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
CRM/Database Management, Reporting & Analysis
- This functional area supports Channel Management Department. Establishes/implements/executes policies and procedures to ensure data security and integrity; and, monitors and controls database access as required. Oversees the design, maintenance and implementation of the system. In addition to CRM/database administration, incumbent is responsible for data collection/consolidation/collation/display (reports/dashboards), management reporting and data analysis that is current, accurate, and complete. Examples include, but are not limited to: Pulling weekly/monthly recurring reports such as Account Assignment, Business Reviews etc.
- Pulling customized reports as directed
- Performing and reporting results of basic report analysis
Channel Account Management
- Pricing/quotes, sales reports submission and compliance with Commission issued Distribution Policy 51.540.
- Track performance of distributors with goal to get accounts above established sales goal for re-assignment to channel account representatives.
- Channel routing and shipping guideline updates.
- Manage account set up, communications, and updates in Salesforce.
- Receive, record, and report on monthly non-compliances notices from reps to distributors.
- Support implementation of appropriate Commission policies and procedures and make recommendations for potential updates/changes.
Marketing and Event Planning/Coordination/Logistics
- Assists in planning, organizing, coordinating and managing appropriate set up and coordination of team meetings, including Audio/Visual and Video Conferencing equipment set up, administration, and troubleshooting.
- Assists in planning, organizing, coordinating and managing the logistics and arrangements for trade shows, conferences, events that require Departmental participation; this includes shipping and receipt of all collateral, samples, booth supplies materials and arranging for set up and take down as needed. Design booth layout and display for each show based on audience and customer requirements. Coordinate NIB staff participation at tradeshow events, filling in when necessary. Acts as Tradeshow Liaison with Corporate Communications - work with internal NIB staff to create new collateral or booth materials when needed for events.
- Managing the Department collateral inventory, ensuring materials are continually updated and in alignment with Corporate Communications and ensuring equivalent electronic library is available for all material.
- Manage the tradeshow spreadsheet (Events Matrix), tracking/projecting Departments spend, to include, but not limited to Advertising/Promotions, Dues & Subscriptions, and Travel.
- Track Departmental participation in AbilityOne® Training (per the CA), Industry Days and Customer Tradeshows.
- Manage sample collection from agencies and promotional item stock, ensure items are current for example, military uniforms/equipment
General Departmental Support
Examples of the duties in support of the Department include, but are not limited to:
- Acting as the Department liaison between Communications/Marketing, IT, Accounting, Business Lines (Products/Services) to facilitate the accomplishment of Departmental objectives/goals.
- Tracking/reconciling the Departments budget/expenses, identifying and resolving discrepancies, and ensuring accurate reporting to management as well as escalating issues in a timely manner.
- Providing an up-to-date library of Channel Management materials via the S-Drive/OneDrive
- Serving as the Departments representative for oversight of Channel Management sites on the NIB corporate Intranet, NIB Bulletin Board, and external website.
- Supporting opportunity identification/development by developing and monitoring [Register to View] GSA Advantage search engines as requested.
- Manage Department subscription including Govspend, Salesforce etc. Serve as NIBs liaison to these organization and manage negotiations, terms, and payments.
- Manage Department Non-Disclosure-Agreement (NDA) forms
This job description does not imply that these are the only duties to be performed. The incumbent in this position will perform such other tasks as may be required for the effective operation of the Division/Department upon receipt by his/her supervisor.
NIB IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER
NIB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.Qualifications