Business Development Manager – Federal Civilian
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Develops and regularly updates formal opportunity pursuit review
- Work with sales account teams and technical coworkers to lead customer interventions, develop outline value propositions and client presentations before the formal launch of customer acquisitions of interest.
- Engage with Capture Teams to support the formal pursuit process until award.
- Develops sustained, deep relationships with influencers within, and outside, the customer organization and uses those relationships and acquired insight to strengthen CDW’s position for targeted pursuits.
- Analyzes opportunities to provide leadership with various options and the best strategy to secure large program wins.
- Works closely with various stakeholders throughout the company including inside sales teams, field sales, sales management, program management, finance, counsel, services team, solution architects, et al.
- Identifies and secures potential teaming partners (OEM’s, Primes, Subcontractors, etc.) with a clear understanding of their complementary value.
- Participates as a subject matter expert throughout the proposal process.
- Researches and prepares certain proposal elements, such as past performance and diverse business inclusion plans, in anticipation of RFP requirements.
- Represents company at external business networking opportunities, conferences and events.
- Attends customer onsite meetings, business reviews, and industry days, as needed.
- Coordinates with appropriate resources to execute necessary legal and financial agreements, such as NDA’s and Teaming Agreements prior to RFP release.
- Assists Program Management team with contract launch and sales team education for target contracts to maximize sales potential and contract utilization.
- Identifies trends in customer purchasing patterns and enacts specific plans to help sales teams capture a greater share of business.
- Identifies key contract opportunities and maintains a 5-year pipeline. Participates in annual planning sessions.
- Articulates value proposition to partners and customers.
- Maintains a broad understanding and application of CDW capabilities and their importance to our customers.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- 7 years of experience in developing a strategic account plan to position CDWG for business opportunities in the Federal Civilian market
- Active Secret Clearance or above
Other Required Qualifications
- Demonstrable BD success in the Federal market.
- Proven ability to influence across all functions of an organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated collaboration behavior with excellent facilitation and negotiation skills.
- Strong problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to find solutions while working independently.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.
- Experienced of working in a Shipley-like pursuit environment.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities/projects, meet deadlines, facilitate change and delegate responsibility.
Other Preferred Qualifications
- 3+ years of working within segment agency.
- Wide network of customer/end user/agency contracts and/or relationships