Red Hat Business Development Lead (Central)- Digital Velocity ( 22000358-OTHLOC-200000186 )
The Business Development lead develops and executes upon strategic plans to expand and enhance business opportunities for Red Hat within the assigned business segment. This individual generates new business through various business development activities including identifying and strategically targeting, mentoring inside and field sales teams, prospecting, networking and building executive-level relationships within the assigned market segment.
Key areas of responsibility
- Drive and Own Sales Campaigns
- Proactive Messaging
- Market Ownership and mastery
- Net-New Logo Acquisition
- Opportunity Management - Red Hat
- Pipeline – subscription based
- Up/Cross Sell
- Account Planning and strategy with CDW and Red Hat counterparts
- Red Hat technology stack
- Red Hat Business Strategy (GTM)
- Develops and regularly updates formal opportunity review, including but not limited to strategic account plans, capture strategy, win themes, RFP preparation, gap analysis and strategy to overcome identified obstacles for target opportunities.
- Presents progress on opportunities and results of efforts to leadership on a weekly basis.
- Develops relationships with regional companies and uses those relationships to strengthen CDW’s brand with key customers.
- Analyzes opportunities and provides leadership with various options and the best strategy to secure wins.
- Works closely with multiple stakeholders at the customer to influence the final requirements of the target opportunity, including executives, program leads, project leads, technical experts and procurement.
- Works closely with various stakeholders throughout CDW including inside sales teams, field sales, sales management, program management, finance, counsel, services team, solution architects, et al.
- Participates as a subject matter expert in conjunction with sales leaders and architects throughout the proposal process.
- Secures/prepares certain proposal elements, such as past performance and diverse business inclusion plans, in anticipation of RFP requirements.
- Represents company at external business networking opportunities, conferences and events.
- Attends customer onsite meetings, business reviews, and industry days, as needed.
- Coordinates with appropriate resources to execute necessary legal and financial agreements, such as NDA’s and Teaming Agreements.
- Assists Program Management team with contract launch and sales team education for target contracts to maximize sales potential and contract utilization.
- Develops partner-facing business plans to secure advantageous partner growth across multiple selling segments.
- Drives incremental revenue and profit growth through contract wins and strategic sales initiatives.
- Identifies trends in customer purchasing patterns and enacts specific plans to help sales teams capture a greater share of business.
- Identifies key contract opportunities and maintains a 5-year pipeline. Participates in annual and quarterly planning sessions.
- Articulates value proposition to partners and customers.
Education and/or Experience qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5 years of experience selling technology to [segment] clients
- 1 year of experience working on large contract pursuits
- Strong understanding of the [segment] market
- Experience with Shipley, Miller Heiman or other sales methodologies
- Proven ability to influence across all functions of an organization
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated collaboration behavior with excellent facilitation and negotiation skills
- Strong problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to find solutions while working independently
- Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities/projects, meet deadlines, facilitate change and delegate responsibility
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25% or as needed to other CDW locations, meeting and client sites
- Ability to understand, remember, and apply oral and/or written instructions or other information. Ability to organize thoughts and ideas into understandable terminology. Ability to multitask, organize and prioritize.
- Ability to apply common sense in performing a job. Ability to understand and follow basic instructions and guidelines. Ability to travel as needed.
- Knowledge of subscription based businesses
- Knowledge of Red Hat product suite
- Understanding of Open Source software
- Understanding of Cloud Native solutions
- Prior experience driving software and services sales
- Ability to communicate effectively with C-level
- Demonstrated ability for cross/up selling based on existing subscriptions/install base
- 3 years territory management experience within dedicated market
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.