Mgr SOX Compliance ( 22000347 )
The Business Process Assurance (BPA) Manager will be responsible for coordinating and delivering SOX (Sarbanes Oxley) services as part of the BPA team and interfacing with coworkers, third-party internal audit providers and external auditors in their delivery of services. An integral part of this role is to provide advice on internal controls to management and recommendations for business process enhancements.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Plan, organize and execute on SOX program, in alignment with risk assessment.
- Oversee and manage the completion of SOX controls testing by third-party co-source.
- Coordinate and interface with third-party audit co-source and external auditors to facilitate the delivery and analysis of audit information and results.
- Validate and report SOX findings to Senior Leadership ensuring seamless preparation of Audit Committee and Executive Committee materials.
- Continuously improve the SOX program by leveraging technology, continuous monitoring, benchmarking of controls, data analytics and use of agile methodology.
- Provide overall assurance to the Business Process Assurance Leadership on the effectiveness of SOX key controls and the strength of the control environment within the Company.
- Serve as a consultative advisor to internal stakeholders to ensure timely and consistent implementation and remediation of controls, and business process enhancements.
- Participate in enhancing internal audit standards and practices within BPA.
- Maintain overall responsibility for the assigned SOX budget and plan, ensuring resources are appropriately deployed, efficiencies are identified, and all activities are running smoothly.
- Build relationships with the business owners across various functions to recommend enhancements and prioritize new processes designed to reduce costs, increase productivity, and establish best practice benchmarks.
- Participate in Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) process and support the internal audit planning process as necessary.
- Develop, coach and mentor the BPA team, ensuring coworkers are provided opportunities to grow and advance and provide the applicable feedback.
Education and/or Experience Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Information Systems, Information Technology or other relevant area.
- 6 years of applicable professional experience in Finance, Accounting, Business, or Information Technology with a minimum of 3 years of audit experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively interact with all stakeholders including senior leadership.
- Experience with Sarbanes-Oxley and its application to financial reporting and business process/operational controls.
- Strong background in identifying risks, controls and opportunities for improvements associated with business processes, developing and executing audit test plans, and drafting audit reports with summary results for executives.
- Strong project management experience with history of balancing competing priorities and ability to adapt to the changing needs of the business while meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain strong cross-functional relationships.
- Public Accounting, Big 4 or regional audit firm experience.
- Relevant professional certification (Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or other internal audit related certifications).
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.