Sirius Consultant – Cloud Data Analytics ( 22002018-OTHLOC-34140020331 )
Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
This position will primarily focus on designing and delivering best-in-class Data solutions for Sirius clients. This position plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated Data projects.
This position may perform activities such as design, systems integration, and testing. This role may also assist in Data practice presales activities.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- Performs a variety of billable consulting activities in support of clients’ objectives, which may include, but are not limited to:
- Systems Analysis
- Solution Administration and Configuration
- Application Integration
- Data Engineering
- Database Administration
- Business Intelligence and Analytics
- Solution Testing
- DataOps engineering
- May lead code or other technical reviews and present constructive feedback to technical team
- Participates in requirements gathering activities, integrating multiple user requirement areas into the overall requirements document
- Builds focused relationships with clients to identify business challenges
- Makes recommendations to solve client problems
- Directly interacts with clients, sales team, managers and other technical team members to identify, develop, and obtain complete information for solutions, and scope statement and level of effort for proposal/SOW development
- Achieves a high level of Client Satisfaction on all consulting engagements by executing to achieve client project expectations set by technical leads and project managers
- Documents completed technical work for clients
- Maintains technical specifications throughout a project
- Develops strong client relationships and trust to secure future business
- Reviews and understands all assigned Statement of Work (SOW) obligations prior to services delivery
- Maintains accountability to work estimates and project financials
- Contributes to and develops best practices, strategies, methodologies and documentation/templates suitable for use by other Consultants and Analysts
- Provides technical perspective to ensure a realistic estimation of scope, cost and level of effort for proposal generation
- May serve as a point of contact to the client for technical issues and status
- Mentors less senior personnel and serves as escalation point for their technical related project issues
- Complies with all-time compliance and time entry guidelines
- Meets billable utilization targets
- Training/Certifications - Engages in professional development, including obtaining industry related certifications as directed by management, to maintain continued growth in professional skills and knowledge
- Administrative Overhead – Responds to email, phone calls, completes timecards in a timely manner, expense reports and status reports as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least 3 years related work experience with Cloud data analytics platform technologies such as: Azure, AWS, GCP, Snowflake, Informatica, Matillion, Denodo, Etc.
Other Position Requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge / understanding of enterprise system integrations, such as:
- Data Movement (ETL/ELT, Streaming, Batch Loading, Databricks, etc.)
- Data Virtualization (Logical data warehouse, Logical Data Lakes, Derived Tables); Denodo, Delta Lake, etc.
- Data Prep (Self Service: Azure Data Factory, PowerBI; Enterprise: Informatica, Tableau Prep, Talend, etc.
- Data Consumption and Visualizations: PowerBI, Tableau, Cognos, ThoughtSpot, etc.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with a wide variety of client and Sirius team members, including management and technical staff
- Demonstrated ability to investigate complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in- depth evaluation of variable factors from multiple solutions and/or disciplines
- Demonstrated understanding of core business functions of a typical company, and ability to employ step by step logic to solve business problems
- Experience as a member of a technical project team, from design through delivery
- Experience troubleshooting and identifying potential problems and making appropriate changes as necessary
- Experience creating technical documentation
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance and leadership to less experienced technical team members
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills, including effectively communicating one-on-one, and in small and large groups, using a variety of presentation methods to sustain the audiences’ engagement
- Demonstrated time management and organizational skills; ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and conduct complex and important work critical to the organization in a team consulting environment
- Consulting experience, especially in an agency or global systems integrator environment
- Certifications in relevant areas of specialty
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role
This position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.