Hardware Engineering Manager, Reality Labs - Input Explorations
At Reality Labs, we are focused on defining experiences in Augmented and Virtual Reality, finding new ways for people to connect and build communities and help people feel more present with each other even when we're apart. Meta’s work in augmented and virtual reality spans a number of breakthrough technologies and touches industries ranging from entertainment and gaming to education and beyond. Oculus lets people defy distance with cutting-edge VR hardware; Portal helps friends and families stay connected and share the moments that matter in meaningful ways; while our AR teams are taking augmented reality to the next level with everything from glasses to wearables and more. We’re looking for a Hardware Engineering Manager who thrives working in ambiguous 0 to 1 spaces and is passionate about innovation at the front end of future products. This position will afford you the opportunity to explore the meaning and implementation of future input devices and technologies in spatial computing. As a Hardware Engineering Manager you will be joining the Input Explorations team, an interdisciplinary team (HW, SW, Design) that explores new input and interaction technologies for AR and VR products. You will lead a small team of interdisciplinary hardware engineers (mechanical, electrical, firmware, prototyping) developing innovative new ideas that are critical to the innovation of input and interaction in our products.Required SkillsHardware Engineering Manager, Reality Labs - Input Explorations Responsibilities:
- Manage a small, inter-disciplinary HW team (Mechanical, Electrical, Firmware, Prototyping).
- Lead the team in developing new technologies, prototypes and drive the technology and product roadmap with a focus on bringing the new technologies to product teams.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams on the integration of innovative new features into modules and consumer hardware products.
- Collaborate with cross functional teams to align explorations to roadmaps.
- Champion a healthy and inclusive team culture.
- Drive clarity and focus for the project and the team by clearly defining goals and metrics of success and aligning with the team and cross functional partners.
- Ideal candidate is someone who can dive deep in the details while also operating at a higher level of abstraction, connecting the dots, understanding and articulating the strategy.
- 3+ years people management experience in consumer electronics product development.
- Interest in new technologies and working with an interdisciplinary innovation team.
- Communication and collaboration skills.
- Experience exploring new technologies & bringing them from concept to product release.
- BS degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical discipline with 7+ years of experience, or advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or a related technical discipline with 4+ years of experience.
- Extensive experience and deep knowledge of concept engineering
- Experience working on human interface devices or input technologies
- Direct experience successfully leading several product release cycles in consumer electronics
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $250,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]