Oracle Database Administrator (2220180)
Labcorp Drug Development is seeking to hire an Oracle DBA to join an enterprise database team. Some of the technologies you will work with include Oracle 19c, Exadata, multi-tenant database, Oracle Encryption, RAC, unified auditing, and more. Labcorp is a data-driven company where you can make a difference.
At Labcorp, you will have the opportunity to personally advance healthcare and make a difference in peoples’ lives with your bold ideas and unique point of view. With the support of exceptional people from across the globe and an energized purpose, you’ll be empowered to own your career journey with mentoring, training and personalized development planning.
Join us as we speed the delivery of groundbreaking therapies and anticipate tomorrow’s drug development challenges, creating new possibilities for our clients—and your career.
- Management of large databases on Oracle – including installation, design, configuration, backup & recovery, performance analysis, tuning, capacity planning/forecast and security.
- Collaborate with DBAs, Developers, and Architects in troubleshooting database and application errors.
- Actively monitor the database environment to ensure optimal performance and to prevent production issues.
- Backup and recovery and migration using RMAN, datapump and export/import.
- Proactively monitor and optimize system performance using tuning, optimization, AWR, ASH, and other methods.
- On-Call Support on a rotational basis – including Off-Hours and Weekends.
- Collaborate with Data Architects on data modeling using tools such as E/R Studio.
- Review Oracle SQL query, DDL, DML including stored procedure, packages before deployment.
- Provide support for database/application deployments.
- Provide training in areas of specialization to other team members.
- Must be a team player with excellent collaboration and people skills to be able to engage in productive group discussions.
- Excellent verbal and written communication along with the ability to articulate technical solutions for various levels of management and technical staff.
- Ability to interface with users at all levels of the organization and good end-user support skills.
Required Skills and Experience:
Oracle DBA with 5+ years’ experience in a mission critical production database environment, including:
- Oracle 11g, 12c and 19c
- Oracle Exadata (2+ years)
- Real Application Cluster (RAC), Grid Infrastructure, Oracle Clusterware. (2+ years)
- Oracle Multi-tenant architecture e.g. container and pluggable database. (2+ years)
- Strong Unix scripting skills
- Oracle 13c Grid (OEM), OMS Administration
- Recovery Manager (RMAN) database backup, recovery and cloning.
- Dataguard Active/Passive, Physical/Logical.
- Performance tuning, troubleshooting including SQL Tuning
- Installs, upgrades, patching including Bundle Patches, fleet patching experience.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- OUD/CMU (AD integration with Oracle)
- Maximum Availability Architecture (MAA)
- Encryption/Key Management
- Data Modeling
- Familiarity with Toad, DBArtisan and E/R Studio.
- Experience in Healthcare Industry.
- Oracle Certification – OCP (12c), OCA
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.