Senior Network Operations Engineer
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job
Texas Instruments (TI) is looking for a Senior Network Operations and Support Engineer. At TI, our Senior Network Operations and Support Engineer, provides support for corporate internal, DMZ and WAN data networks. This includes support via triage and troubleshooting related to break/fix activities, daily network administration, best practice reviews and ensuring policy adherence.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Performing daily network run-maintain support activities
- Working assignments assisting network engineering teams
- Project support activities
- Innovation for improving reliability, availability and operation effectiveness of the networks
- Servicing problem tickets as assigned to the Network Operations teams
- Participation in on-call rotation for escalations, triage and support of critical environments
- Some after-hours and/or weekend support duties as scheduled or deemed necessary
- Bachelor's in IT, Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related degree
- 10 years of network experience desired
- CCNP certification
- Deep understanding of IP Networks, Routing Protocols, IP Addressing and Subnetting
- Experience with OSPF and/or BGP required
- Experience with network automation and/or software defined constructs is desirable
- Experience with operating and/or interacting with alerting and monitoring systems
- Experience with Cisco Systems routers and switches
- Experience with high availability network infrastructure implementations
- Network architecture knowledge necessary to interpret situations and issues within a highly complex enterprise setup related to network operation and troubleshooting
- Familiarity with data capture and decode/analysis desirable
- Experience with operating a ticketing system, including communication with both requestors, customers, other network support teams and peers
- Ability to travel to North America locations either for planned work or break/fix
- Experience desirable with Arista Networks, Silver peak SDWAN, Infoblox, Aruba Wireless LAN
- Must be a self-starter and able to set correct priorities with little oversight
- Ability to perform duties in high pressure, time-sensitive scenarios while providing clear communications of activities
- Excellent written/verbal customer & manager communication, relationship and conflict management skills
- High degree of judgment and initiative in resolving highly complex non-standard problems and developing recommendations
- Experience in working effectively with cross functional teams located globally
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.