Senior Data Architect (HERSA005H13215)
Job Title: Senior Data Architect
Job Location: Hershey, PA
The Enterprise Data organization drives value for Hershey by providing high-quality, well governed data to the Enterprise for analytics and decision-making.
The Sr. Data Architect will be part of an agile execution team, working with Hershey business partners, data scientists, technical engineers, and project managers to ensure architectural standards adhere to company best practice and help to deliver rapid impactful benefits.
The Sr. Data Architect will act as a trusted advisor for Hershey business partners by designing and building architectures to enable better business outcomes for these partners. You will work with a diverse team of business analysts, data scientists, technical engineers, and project managers to deliver outcomes aligned with our business partner’s strategy. In addition, you will work directly with the Sr. Manager of Data Architecture to ensure consistency and compliance of deliverables to frameworks and governance processes.
Delivery or Solution Architecture:
Contribute to the agile delivery of business partner strategic roadmaps using best practice architectural frameworks and governance processes. Serve as liaison and extension of the corporate and commercial Directors of data. Ensure consistency and compliance of deliverables to frameworks and governance processes.
Data Product Management: Owns Features and corresponding acceptance criteria. Validate Business Product Owner scope decisions. Accept features during system demos.
Data Architecture Change Advocacy:
Evangelize future data solutions identified by Enterprise Data leadership, including innovations such as: cloud-based data platforms; real-time data processing; decoupled data access; domain-based architectures, data cataloging and extensible data schemas.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
- Working with the Sr. Manager of Data Architecture, mature the enterprise conceptual, logical, and physical data models by working with IT leadership to align to the IT Strategy roadmaps
- Using best practice frameworks and governance, evaluate, design, and analyze solution architecture for the work of the agile execution team
- Create and develop architectures to guide solution development across a broad range of data-focused products, services, projects, and systems
- Using best practice guidance from the Enterprise Data team, oversee the health and evolution of agile execution team architectural technologies
- Lead the efforts to enable the self-service capability, building and maintaining standards for data lineage, retention, data dictionary and catalog
- Validate solution owners and project owners scope decisions, using a standard governance model
- Within the project lifecycles, accept features and exceptions during the system demos or during change management
- Maintain enterprise data catalog, working with data owners to add/update/sunset data assets, validating the lineage and scaling the environment for new capabilities
- Serve as liaison and extension of the corporate and commercial directors of data to help shape technical solutions for the business cases that require data capabilities
- Ensure consistency and compliance of deliverables to frameworks and governance processes
- Partner with Enterprise Data Architecture and functional data architects to maintain and mature the reference artifacts, principles, and guidelines, based on enterprise policy and domain expectations
- Consult project leadership to understand projects’ needs/requirements to recommend opportunities and identify gaps to ensure clean and rapid project delivery
- Strategic thinker with holistic vison, specific focus on automation of existing processes to drive key business performance
- Able to articulate the holistic benefits of data architecture from a business perspective, while maintaining the relationship with business analysts, data scientists, technical engineers, and project managers
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s in a STEM degree
- Master’s degree and/or related equivalent experience preferred
- 5+ years of progressive experience working with data, much of which has been focused on working with cross-functional teams and enterprise-wide data architecture initiatives
- 3+ years of experience with public and private cloud solutions, including building and maintaining a data ecosystem
- 3+ years of experience designing end-to-end data architecture within an enterprise environment using industry standard guiding principles and practices
- Advanced experience with SQL to build, interact and design:
- Relational / non-relational databases
- Structured/unstructured data
- Schema design
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to articulate new ideas and concepts to technical and non-technical partners
- Working experience with data solution execution on Azure, AWS or Databricks.
- Experience building Data Architecture artifacts such as data models, data flow diagrams or solution design documents
Nice to Have
- Familiarity with Master Data Management, Data Harmonization, and Data Governance
- Experience with data governance tools and data cataloging (e.g. Informatica)
- Certifications in architecture or data management (CDMP, TOGAF, Azure, Amazon Web Services)
- Experience building data integration and leveraging APIs to receive data into an ecosystem or deliver to an application
- Experience with emerging technologies like ML, AI, Robotics, and IoT
- Familiar with information management practices, system development lifecycle management, IT services management, agile and lean methodologies, infrastructure and operations and EA and ITIL frameworks
- Experience working in a high performing agile delivery model, aligning with Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and other execution team members to deliver rapid and impactful solutions that align to business partner strategy
- Experience with COBIT/SOX, as well as PII data in accordance with relevant laws
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. The policy of The Hershey Company is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's race, color, gender, age, national origin, religion, citizenship status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, transgender status, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other categories protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
The Hershey Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veterans
If you require a reasonable accommodation as part of the application process, please contact the HR Service Center [Register to View]