Director of Site Development (a1K2K000008U8o4UAC)
Facebook designs, builds, leases, and operates the most innovative and efficient data centers in the world. Facebook is seeking a Director of Development to manage Facebook’s global data center real estate and development portfolio in line with the company’s strategic objectives. This role has overall global responsibility for the data center real estate supply portfolio and leading the team that manages all aspects of real estate and environment, including: new site location strategy and development, negotiations, leasing strategy, ongoing management of existing data centers and expansions, mitigation of environmental impacts at our data centers and surrounding community, and management of permitting and other approvals needed to successfully operate our growing fleet of data centers.Required SkillsDirector of Site Development Responsibilities:
- Manage Facebook’s global data center real estate and development portfolio in line with the company’s strategic objectives
- Global responsibility for the data center real estate supply portfolio
- New site location strategy and development, negotiations, leasing strategy, ongoing management of existing data centers
- Proven commercial leadership and negotiation experience on multivariable, complex deals.
- Proven track record of delivering large capital projects.
- Experience developing the vision for Facebook’s location strategy using development experience, including: site selection & negotiation, feasibility analysis, site planning, entitlements, permitting and contingency planning.
- Strategic thinker who is capable of driving decision making in ambiguous environments with experience influencing senior level stakeholders.
- Analytical problem-solving skills can be effective in a fast paced, hands-on work environment, and have a track record of success leading projects and developing complex solutions across multiple stakeholders.
- Competent collaborator and skilled cross-functional communicator, communication, and presentation skills.
- Proven track record of organizational leadership, including leading larger organizations and scaling teams during growth cycles.
- Knowledgeable about and/or experience to quickly assess industry trends and headwinds, market opportunities, and the competitive landscape.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, real estate. MBA or J.D.
- 10+ years of commercial real estate experience
- International development experience
- Experience in data center industry
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]