Data Center Production Operations Lead (a1K2K000008UATnUAO)
Facebook is seeking a Data Center Production Operations Lead to lead and drive the local execution of standardized workflows, triage unexpected anomalies and identify opportunities to scale. This operations lead will work closely with the local Operations Manager to mentor and grow the local team of engineers, and communicate strategy, vision and feedback to the team and leadership. This technical expert is a resource for the team, a driven and motivated self starter and able to work well with cross functional partner teams to improve processes.Required SkillsData Center Production Operations Lead Responsibilities:
- Represent the site as a technical point of contact for incidents, escalations, retrofits, etc.
- Leading a team of data center engineers focused on returning healthy systems back into production for the Facebook family of applications.
- Ability to see the big picture from leadership and implement the vision through global standards and workflows at the local data center site.
- Mentoring and developing engineers and technicians such that they can run daily operations with minimal supervision.
- Supporting the onsite contract vendor by unblocking issues that affect the team.
- Collaborating with other teams in data center sites around the globe to evolve and optimize processes and approaches in a globally consistent way that allows Facebook to scale and grow effectively.
- Manage server upgrades, integration, automated OS provisioning process, rebuilds and other projects as required. Understand and debug network, hardware, and Linux OS related issues.
- Identify and support the creation of documentation for the global DC knowledge base. Implement process improvements and inform best practices in data center operations.
- Drive specifications for tooling and automation that facilitate deployment, monitoring, quality hardware diagnostics, automated remediation and decommissioning of server hardware at scale.
- Ensure operational excellence through key metric achievement and ongoing continuous improvement.
- Responsible for hiring and interviewing candidates to fill open positions and the planning of new employee onboarding processes.
- BS or BA in technical field or commensurate experience.
- Experience with Linux and hardware systems support in an Internet operations environment.
- Familiarity with Python, SQL and/or shell scripting knowledge.
- 2+ years of experience in large-scale data center hardware deployments and building scalable infrastructure.
- 2+ years of experience managing multiple projects within the same time schedule.
- Solid understanding of core components of data center infrastructure.
- Proven communication skills.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $135,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]