Senior Managed Services Engineer - Cisco Network ( 22002391 )
Senior Cisco Network Engineers with CDW’s Strategic Solutions and Services practice are in the middle of the action deploying enterprise level technical solutions for our customers. By joining CDW, you will be partnered with industry leading Engineers, Technical Leads, Project Managers and Solution Architects enabling your continued development and success. CDW is honored by holding the highest level of certifications and accreditations with our vendor partners such as Microsoft, Cisco, EMC, VMware, IBM, HP and more.
Interested in helping our customers achieve their complex and challenging business goals with leading edge technologies? If you GET IT and are interested in delivering client facing solutions like deployments, implementations & configurations, don’t wait, take the first step and apply now.
The incumbent of this position will:
- As a Senior Engineer provide technical services with no supervision from Supervisors, Team Leads, or Technology Owners.
- Ability to follow through with tasks, projects, troubleshooting with no supervision.
- Serve as technical point of contact on customer engagements, and internal projects
- Conducts/lead design workshops for complex designs to meet customer, business and technical objectives.
- Proactively develop plans and activities to avoid problems.
- Educate the customer on solution as appropriate throughout the life of the project or service life.
- Complete projects/tasks on a timely basis, according to commitments made to stakeholders and management.
- Perform scopes of work as detailed in implementation plans assigned (system builds, test plans, documentation, training, etc).
- Handle several tasks simultaneously (ie: pre-sales, troubleshoot and develop internal network, respond to emergencies).
- Communicate with Engineering Manager all events that are not anticipated (new product requirements, equipment failure, design changes, schedule changes).
- Respond to all customers professionally and courteously and relay any customer questions or concerns to manager.
- Demonstrate and actively promotes an understanding and commitment to the mission of CDW through performing behaviors consistent with the CDW Way.
- Assist in creating and documenting policies and procedures.
- Understand SLAs in a production environment and proactively strive to meet the commitments.
- Provide support to Service Account Managers, Project Managers and product developers.
- Contribute to written proposals and technical documentation.
- Assist Professional Services team when required with client consultation including assessing and recommending architectural designs/changes to client systems in response to performance issues, growth requirements, etc.
- Review assigned service requests daily, following up and providing status updates to clients; ensure data pertaining to the status of service requests is entered into the problem tracking systems accurately and promptly to provide an up-to-date picture of service delivery status and backlog.
- Conduct self in a manner consistent with customer service expectations.
- Test, evaluate, and develop new products, offerings, and solutions.
- Conduct training of customers and coworkers in both formal and informal environments.
- Work directly with Project Managers to update project plans and communicate project status.
- Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunications, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline, or an equivalent combination of education and experiences.
- Experience in planning, deployment, and operational support of advanced technologies and applications.
Skills and Competencies:
- Passion for technology demonstrated by success in a technical field, technology-related internships, or by technology-focused, extra-curricular activities.
- Demonstrated complex problem solving, inductive reasoning, critical thinking, and problem sensitivity at work and in personal circumstances.
- Strong work ethic demonstrated by a successful work track record.
- Strong technical aptitude demonstrated by successful completion of technical certifications, individual mastery of technical topics, or by success in technology-related internships.
- Drive for success demonstrated by consistent high achievement in personal and academic endeavors.
- Ability to effectively communicate with clients and end users.
- CCIE or equivalent
- Hands-on experience in a large Data Center environment
- ITIL Foundations Certification
- Working knowledge in a number of the following technology areas:
- Scripting Coding skill set: Python, Bash, Perl, Ruby, TLC
- Switches – Cisco IOS and Nexus platforms
- Routers – Cisco IOS and IOS XE platforms
- SD-WAN: Cisco, Silver Peak, CloudGenix,
- Firewalls - Cisco ASA / FTD, Palo Alto and Fortinet platforms
- Load Balancers - Cisco ACE, CSS, F5 LTM and F5 GSM
- WAN Optimization - Riverbed Steelhead and Cisco WAAS
- Network Technologies/Topologies:
- WAN - MPLS, MPLS Layer 2/3 VPN’s, Frame-Relay, GRE/IPSEC VPN, VPN, SIP/PSTN services
- Layer 2 networking - 802.1(D,W,S) , Ethernet, PPoE, Ether-Channel
- Layer 3 networking - IPv4, IPv6, OSPF, EIGRP, RIP (v2), BGP, MP-BGP, PFR, OSPFv3, EIGRPv6, RIPng, Advanced Redistribution, VRF-lite
- Multicast Networking - Multicast (Sparse + Dense), MSDP, Anycast, Auto-RP, BSR, PIM, SSM
- Security - CBAC, Zone-Based firewall, Reflex ACL, NAT, IP Source Guard, uRPF, Cisco IPS/IPS, RSA Envision
- QOS – Congestion avoidance and congestion management. MQC, CBWFQ, LLQ, NBAR, WRED, Auto-QOS
- VOIP - Cisco voice gateway functionality, SRST
- Unified Computing/Virtualization - Design, support, configure, upgrade Cisco UCS systems
- Data Center - FabricPath, FEX, vPC, UCS, FCoE
- Wireless – Cisco Wireless LAN controllers, lightweight and autonomous AP models, Cisco Prime Infrastructure, MSE, Aruba and Meraki
- VPN - SSL VPN, IPSec VPN, and DMVPN (phase 1 and 2), EZVPN, Anyconnect
- Operating System/utilities - Windows 7, Windows 2008 Server, Windows XP Professional, Red Hat Linux, Solaris, DNS, DHCP, Netflow, WireShark
- Professional skills - Network drawing tools including MS Visio, presentation skills and experience including MS PowerPoint
- Hands-on experience in a large enterprise or data center environments
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or equivalent
- Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP) or equivalent
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.