Senior Software Engineer (2226267)
Labcorp is a leading life sciences company, providing comprehensive clinical laboratory and end-to-end drug development services. With a mission to improve health and improve lives, Labcorp delivers world-class diagnostics solutions, brings innovative medicines to patients faster and uses technology to provide better care.
The candidate will function as an Sr. Software Developer with a focus on Java and web-based software solutions. As part of the development team, the candidate will work to deliver business features for HealthCare domain. The role will involve design and development of software applications using Java, Spring and database technologies. This role is in a high performing team with growth opportunities.
- Developing and deploying software in a fast-paced environment.
- Collaborating with colleagues on technical implementation and project managers, business analysts and users across the organization and create a fast, intuitive, and easy-to-use software.
- Develops complex RESTful web services in a cross-functional and agile development team
- Understanding and skills in software design and code, including Object Oriented Analysis & Design (OOAD)
- Knowledge of application design activities, tools and techniques; ability to utilize these to convert business requirements and logical models into technical application designs and code
- Team player with a proactive attitude, the ability to be productive in a dynamic / collaborative environment and strong oral and written communication skills
- Work closely with software architects and technical leads on code review and creating unit tests
- Work with other groups within IT to further the DevOps culture round automation of builds, testing, deploys and scaling.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or foreign equivalent plus ten (7) years of experience as Software Engineer.
- 7+ year experience and expert knowledge of Java (7+) enterprise development and integration middleware development.
- 3+ year experience with hands-on application architecture for large enterprise solutions.
- Excellent working experience with Spring framework, Spring Core, Spring Integration, Spring Boot, Spring MVC, Spring Data, Spring Security
- Strong understanding of Java concurrency, concurrency patterns, experience building thread safe code
- Advanced knowledge of web service technologies like JAX-RS, JSON, JAXB, JAX-WS, WSDL, Spring based REST services.
- Advanced knowledge of highly efficient RDBMS SQL (e.g. DB2, Oracle). Experience with NoSQL implementations a plus (e.g., MongoDB, AWS DynamoDB).
- Experience with messaging products like RabbitMQ, Kafka or ActiveMQ
- Extensive hands-on experience with AWS technologies like Lambda, SQS, EC2 and ECS is a plus
- Experience with TDD, code testability standards, JUnit/Mockito and continuous integration
- Experience with development tools like Eclipse, Git, Gradle/Maven, Sonar, Jenkins, Jira, etc.
- Working experience with Windows/Linux/Unix OS environments
- Requires a BS degree in Computer Science or related discipline
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, the organization will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or veteran status.