Sr. Business Development Manager - Northeast Region
Focal Point Data Risk, a CDW Company, is one that delivers a unified approach to addressing data risk through a unique combination of consulting service offerings. Focal Point has brought together industry-leading expertise in cyber security, identity governance and access management, data privacy and analytics, internal audit, and hands-on training services, giving companies everything needed to plan and develop effective risk and security programs. By integrating these services, we provide our clients with the flexible support they need to protect and leverage data across any part of their organization. Simply put, Focal Point is the next generation of risk management.
As a Sr. Business Development Manager, you will enhance Focal Point’s presence, market share, and revenue growth in the Advisory / Management Consulting market. Specifically, you will execute the full sales lifecycle for enterprise Advisory related projects — strategic account planning, researching, prospecting, relationship-building, partnering with software vendors, and opportunity identification, pursuit, and closure, as well as all aspects of account growth.
Your skilled experience will enable you to quickly embrace Focal Point’s integrated sales approach, demonstrating the ability to open further opportunities for our other service offerings, including, but not limited:
- Cyber Workforce Development;
- Data Analytics and Data Mapping;
- Privacy and Regulatory Compliance;
- Third-Party Risk Management;
- Develop and execute a successful territory management strategy that expands Focal Point’s customer base and achieves bookings and revenue targets;
- Establish a detailed, comprehensive understanding of Focal Point’s capabilities, service offerings, value proposition, market positioning, selling strategy and process, as well as our competitors and key differentiators;
- Cultivate productive relationships with key personnel in current and targeted accounts;
- Identify, engage, qualify, develop, and win new clients;
- Manage, support, and grow relationships with existing clients as a consultative seller;
- Network with a broad range of client organizations and executives in key fields, including:
- Information Technology;
- Information Security;
- Internal Audit;
- Data Privacy, Compliance, and Legal;
- Enterprise Risk Management; and
- Procurement / Supply Chain Management;
- Research targeted accounts and clients using internal and external resources, capturing and using gathered information to drive data-driven outreach and follow-up communications;
- Proactively coordinate with other Focal Point resources to drive sales cycles, meet company objectives, and exceed client expectations. Key personnel include:
- Subject Matter Experts;
- Practice Leadership;
- Sales Management; and
- Marketing Department;
- Understand industry landscapes and follow trends that impact our clients’ business risk, strategic decision-making, and budget planning and expenditures;
- Provide accurate sales pipeline updates and sales forecasts;
- Proactively populate and maintain all information in Salesforce; and
- Complete sales status updates, reports, and related administrative deliverables.
- Regional travel up to 50%, as needed
- 5+ years of experience working the full sales lifecycle of Advisory products and/or services.
- Significant experience with enterprise sales, with both strategic planning and in day-to-day execution, specifically including:
- A proven performance record with demonstrated year-over-year metrics;
- A successful record of meeting or exceeding sales goals;
- Ability to take personal ownership of professional goals and achieve clear monthly, quarterly, and annual targets
- Strong ambition and charismatic sense of urgency;
- Energetic networker and relationship-builder;
- Ability to work with and effectively coordinate across extended internal teams; and
- Excellent, professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet $3-5M yearly sales quotas; and
- Maintain a pipeline of at least $6M
- Strong preference for those candidates with current or prior experience in Advisory project-based sales including the following solution areas:
- Data Privacy (ie, HIPAA, GLBA, GDPR, and NIST)
- Audit / Assurance (IT, Financial and General)
- Financial Advisory Services
- Business process improvement
- PMO / Project Advisory services
- Business development experience within a Big 4, mid-tier, or IT consulting firm, selling consultative / advisory services.
Education & Certifications
- 4-year degree – or equivalent work experience
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.