Network Operations Engineer (a1K2K000008TIGUUA4)
Edge and Network Services (ENS) is looking for an experienced engineering leader to solve challenges related to the support of existing architectures and integration of new compute and network technologies across our global production infrastructure footprint. This position will work at a strategic level with internal business teams, external vendors, and network design/engineering, and other cross-functional teams to develop strategies for integrating new technologies into the fleet and to better support existing technologies across the fleet. The primary objectives are to represent ENS, understand business and technical drivers, and help develop the strategy for how the ENS organization supports new network technologies and to continue to evolve our network infrastructure for current and future demands. Once developed, this person will lead and enable our Global ENS Operations team to execute on these critical projects.Required SkillsNetwork Operations Engineer Responsibilities:
- Provide expert root cause and corrective action leadership to resolve any and all operational issues found across infrastructure architectures, hardware platforms, and vendor performance.
- Participate in cross-organizational design reviews and make recommendations to support operational strategy to include business or technical problems that need to be solved.
- Lead highly cross-functional infrastructure projects/programs/functions in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (data center, network, infrastructure, logistics, supply chain, compliance, legal, and software system engineering).
- Represent organization and manage interaction with third party hardware, colocation and managed service partners.
- Work closely with the infrastructure product teams and ensure alignment of New Product Introduction (NPI), operational integration, and operational support strategy.
- Lead business risk management alignment and change management at the organizational level for edge infrastructure use cases.
- Build and nurture strategic business relationships with key internal and external stakeholders, partners, and vendors.
- Directly contribute ideas and project scope to explore nascent products and technologies to evolve the business.
- When appropriate, provide hands-on management and leadership during analysis, goal definition, design, solution development, plan socialization, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Oversee an organizational roadmap process and strategy to deliver innovation and operational excellence over the half, annual, and multi-year timeframes.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
- 10+ years of work experience operating, deploying, and designing large-scale network and data center infrastructure.
- Expert experience in organizational and digital transformation initiatives at both the strategic and tactical levels.
- Experience influencing strategy at the functional, operational and corporate levels across network architectures used for content distribution and high-bandwidth, low-latency applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge of TCP, IPv4/6, Routing Protocols, infrastructure architectures, and related network services.
- Familiarity with physical data center design: rack elevations, cabling, fiber optics, power/cooling, and facility infrastructure.
- Expert experience leading and contributing to large-scale cross-functional projects and organizational ‘big bets'.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, relevant technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience providing technical guidance and requirements to external vendors.
- Experience influencing organizational and functional design in dynamic environments.
- Experience with purchasing, negotiating and end-to-end supplier management, such as managing global RFPs and contract negotiations.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $196,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]