Senior Business Applications Developer (220003GR_Dallas)
Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the Job
Texas Instruments (TI) is looking for an experienced Application Developer to join our team.
At TI, our Application Developers design, develop, modify, debug and evaluate programs. You may analyze existing programs or develop logic for new systems; coding and testing/debugging programs. You may develop conversion and system implementation plans and prepare system and programming documentation.
This role will integrate data from multiple business application systems and our corporate data warehouses into the enterprise reporting architecture, delivering accurate, scalable, user-friendly reporting solutions. The role also provides opportunities that gain high visibility into all layers of the organization, including Executives, SBE Managers, Relationship Managers, and Planners. Opportunity to work with a strong technical team to develop strategic decision-making solutions (including in the space of data visualization and analytics) in support of a rapidly changing business environment.
In this role you will:
- Participate in designing, coding, and testing of complex reports and visualizations in support of the strategic decision-making process
- Participate in debugging and enhancing existing reporting and data visualization solutions
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of business application systems and data relationships
- Collaborate with customers to develop requirements and create level of effort estimates
- Develop solutions following appropriate security measures and best-practice methodologies
- Partner with businesses to develop entitlement around solutions (training, work sessions, end-user experience, Project Management)
- Analysis and resolution of production reporting issues being encountered by global end-user community.
- Work as a senior developer working closely with our stakeholders in the HR, Sales, Pricing, Legal, WPL (Procurement), Corporate Communications and Finance Teams.
- Will need the ability to quickly ramp on our secondary technology Mendix as well.
- While the role is initially for a senior developer, the expectation is that this ideal candidate could grow into a solutions architect role.
- The ideal candidate would be able to design solutions that could be broken into smaller components that could in turn be implemented by more junior team members.
- The ideal candidate would be able to design solutions with modular approach to enable reuse and adoption by other developers
- Lead/participate in defining architecture and design and technical implementation of solutions needed.
- Drive implementation of design/development and testing with the development team.
- Partner with project managers on project execution from requirements thru transition to support ensuring solutions meets the requirements and are maintainable.
- Align solutions with ITS standards and best practices.
- Work cross-functionally with other IT teams and business groups
- Help develop technical talent and mentor more junior team members.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical, engineering, or IT related field of study.
- 5+ years’ relevant experience
- Existing knowledge of sales business processes including assigned accounts, mass market, contractor manufacturing, design houses, OEM’s, and EMSI’s. Ability to perform a variety of roles – solution architect, technical lead, analyst, developer and IT Services architectural liaison.
- Proficiency with Oracle, SQL and PL/SQL programming.
- Proficiency with Unix and Linux operating systems.
- Excellent at multi-tasking and prioritization skills.
- Strong communications skills and the ability to influence IT and business teams to develop and gain acceptance of architecture direction and solution approaches.
- Strong drive to move technical discussions to conclusion and implementation.
- Ability to represent Enterprise Systems in cross-IT Services technical discussions.
- Ability to work with both business and IT teams to turn business requirements into solutions.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Strong knowledge around internal TI data sources around Sales. Knowledge around Pricing and Human Resources would be a plus.
- TI technical ladder candidates and those who aspire to TI’s technical ladder preferred.
- Strong ownership and follow-through on assignments.
- Strong cross-organizational & multiple functional teaming skills required.
- Strong verbal & written communication skills.
- Ability to work across geographical and cultural boundaries.
- Strategic thinker.
- Excellent people skills.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.