Engineer, Sirius Managed Services Networking
The primary purpose of this position is to manage and maintain IT infrastructure environments for Managed Services customers, which may include, but are not limited to network infrastructure environments, and NFV systems. The Managed Services Engineer ensures high levels of availability and security of the supported systems and business applications. This position will focus on the operational stability and maintenance of network function virtualized and physical infrastructures in customer and/or hosted data center environments.
The primary purpose of this position is to ensure the stable operation of our customers’ data networks. This includes planning, developing, installing, configuring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network hardware, software, and communication links. This position will also analyze and assist in resolving hardware and software problems in the network in a timely and accurate fashion.
This role will also involve providing periodic on-site support (Smart Hands support) for remote equipment maintenance, changes and installation.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Performs a variety of technical tasks in support of Managed Services customers. These may include, but are not limited to:
- Installs, implements, maintains, upgrades, and troubleshoots client network infrastructure
- Plans, develops, installs, configures, maintains, supports, and optimizes client network hardware, software, and communication
- Anticipates, mitigates, identifies, and responds to network performance
- Ensures the integrity and security of enterprise data on the network in accordance with business needs and industry best-practices regarding privacy, security, and regulatory
- Performs updates/patches/upgrades, and tuning.
- Provides periodic on-site support (Smart Hands support) for remote equipment maintenance, changes and installation. Duties may include data center operational activities, patching, data closet support, remote site support (urgent care clinics, satellite clinical facilities, etc.), wireless access point support, break/fix support, vendor coordination, and connectivity support.
- Researches and makes recommendations on infrastructure products, services, and standards in support of procurement and development
- Conducts network performance
- Performs routine system backups and
- Participates in Disaster Recovery exercises and
- Follows change control, incident response, and testing
- Communicates and enforces, through system procedures, and retention
- Monitors, analyzes, and predicts trends for equipment performance, space allocation, and data growth to recommend
- Creates scripts to automate common
- Addresses and updates customer incident tickets and change orders, providing internal management and customer account managers with status
- Creates required reports in response to business user
- Develops, documents, and maintains policies, procedures, and associated training plans for network equipment administration and appropriate
- Develops reusable assets (templates, tools, etc.) for the Managed Services
- Works with account management personnel to participate on conference calls and perform tasks in support of the client
- Partners with the Managed Services Continuous Improvement team on pre-sales support activity and design and scoping of
- Provides technical perspective to ensure a realistic estimation of scope, cost, and level of effort for proposal generation.
- Works with project managers in the development and implementation of project plans and
- Complies with all-time compliance and time entry
- Training/Certifications: Attend’s training sessions and obtains industry related certifications as determined by management.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field, or equivalent work experience
- At least three (3) years of IT engineering work experience dealing with one or more infrastructure solutions supported by the Managed Services practice (Networking Infrastructure, network virtualization technologies, monitoring infrastructure, and/or security tools)
Other Position Requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of various WAN technologies.
- Demonstrated knowledge of enterprise level routing and switching technologies.
- Demonstrated network problem determination and resolution skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge in at least one network technology (route/switch/security/load balancing/etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to design workable solutions.
- Demonstrated project management skills.
- Demonstrated analytical skills.
- Demonstrated presentation and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to acquire further technical
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication
- Demonstrated ability to multitask and prioritize
- Demonstrated customer service
- Demonstrated ability to investigate problems and utilize problem solving
- Demonstrated ability to establish positive working relationships and work as a team player in a managed service
- Demonstrated ability to be resourceful in working with disparate client and internal departments to deliver meaningful
- Demonstrated ability to provide guidance and leadership to less experienced technical team
- Demonstrated ability to develop strong customer relationships and trust to secure future
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high levels of customer
- Other duties as assigned.
- Managed Services experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of Cisco hardware, F5/Citrix ADC Hardware, Firewall Hardware, Nexus Hardware, Multi-vendor Hardware and Microsoft programs.
- Infoblox or Bluecat DDI experience
- One or more of the following Cisco certifications:
- CCNP (Cloud, Collaboration, Data Center, Routing & Switching, Security, Service Provider, Wireless)
- CCNA (Cloud, Collaboration, Data Center, Industrial, Routing & Switching, Wireless, Security, Service Provider, Voice)
- One or more of the following Security certifications:
- Juniper JNCP, JNCIA-SEC, JNCIA-Junos
- Fortinet NSA1, NSP, NSA5, NSE
- Palo Alto PCCET, PCNSA, PCNSE
- One or more of the following Automated Delivery Controller (ADC) certifications:
- F5 Certified BIG-IP Administrator F5-CA, F5-CTS, F5-CSE
- Citrix Certified Associate – Networking CCAN
Data Privacy & Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment.
The position is part of a 5 days per week, 8 hours per day with weekly rotational on-call responsibilities for managed services operations. To provide the required coverage, must be willing to work other shifts including weekends, holidays, and overtime, and travel to remote client sites.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.