Lead Counsel, eDiscovery & Information Governance (a1K2K000008UBTUUA4)
Meta seeks a highly-motivated and experienced attorney to join the eDiscovery & Information Governance Team within Meta’s Legal Department. This person will play a key role in providing legal advice and guidance to legal and business partners relating to information governance and records management. The ideal candidate is a skilled attorney and an influential communicator who can partner with teams across the company to develop world-class and cutting-edge solutions and best practices relating to the information lifecycle, including records retention and disposition needs. This role will also develop best practices and provide legal guidance to Meta’s global litigation, regulatory, investigation, and product teams. The candidate should have great intellectual curiosity and a desire to learn and grow as a subject matter expert. The candidate should have the ability to work proactively with teams to build consensus across the organization, including legal, information technology, and security. In addition, excellent judgment and experience operating independently in a fast-paced environment is required.Required SkillsLead Counsel, eDiscovery & Information Governance Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain subject matter expertise in U.S. and global legal and regulatory obligations relating to information governance and records management.
- Apply information governance and records management knowledge, principles, practices, and experience when partnering with in-house and outside counsel on active litigation, regulatory, and investigation matters.
- Meaningfully contribute to the design, implementation, and execution of information governance tooling, policies, strategies, and workflows.
- Manage the execution of a global records management policy, retention schedule, file plan, and inventory in accordance with company policies, obligations, and procedures.
- Implement strategies and workflows for managing global records throughout the records lifecycle, including the creation, receipt, maintenance, use, preservation, retention, and disposition of records.
- Develop efficient and systematic processes for capturing and maintaining evidence of and information relating to business activities.
- Rapidly identify, analyze, and address complicated issues, and distill that complexity into simple and concise communication in cross-functional settings.
- Work collaboratively with the eDiscovery and Information Governance team, as well as case and policy teams, business partners, outside counsel, and vendors.
- Assist with management of external vendors and operation of records management tool.
- J.D. degree (or foreign equivalent) and membership in at least one U.S. state bar.
- 5+ years of practicing attorney experience at a law firm, government agency, or in-house with a focus on information governance.
- Experience communicating with a variety of audiences, including legal, technical, and policy teams, and working cross-functionally across a company.
- Experience problem-solving and thinking strategically.
- Proven information governance and records management experience, as well as experience with structured and unstructured data and related technology and tools.
- Organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Experience working under tight deadlines, both individually and in a team environment.
- In-house technology company experience.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $198,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]