Preconstruction Manager for Estimating (a1K2K0000032NGcUAM)
Facebook is seeking a seasoned professional to join Preconstruction Team as a Preconstruction Manager for Estimating. The successful candidate is experienced with complex program, project, and system level budgets formed from historical costs metrics, industry cost benchmarks, market cost analytics, and from personal cost estimating experience. The successful candidate will provide this technical cost perspective to provide oversight and strategically guide a team of consultants in developing reliable and predictable cost models for our data centers. The responsibilities of this role also include prioritizing, developing and supporting a wide range of cost initiatives in a highly collaborative environment and effectively communicating this information in a timely manner across many stakeholders.Required SkillsPreconstruction Manager for Estimating Responsibilities:
- Leverage third party tools and cost consultants to prepare estimates through multiple stages of project development in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop internal processes and initiatives around cost estimation that leverage internal cost data, resources and current market information from external vendors.
- Lead cost reviews with Preconstruction and Project Mangers that include 5-10 large complex project designs per year and multiple change orders on a weekly basis.
- Provide reconciliation analysis between projects and estimate revisions, including supporting preconstruction teams in negotiations with general contractors for project that range from $10 million to $1 billion dollars.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required.
- 10+ years of experience in construction management, including 7+ years of cost experience & construction project planning in mission critical facilities or large and complex projects.
- Experience in managing vendor relationships and working with stakeholders, both internal and external, to gather technical project requirements to inform cost.
- Experience in communicating and presenting cost estimates to a group of stakeholders at all levels of an organization.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $174,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]