Director, Avatars & Horizon Business Development (a1K2K000008TijMUAS)
Meta is looking to hire a Director, Avatars & Horizon Partnerships in the Reality Labs Partnerships organization. The successful candidate will be responsible for building partnerships across the industry in support of Meta’s first-party metaverse experiences. Avatars are a critical component of allowing people to express themselves in the metaverse. Horizon is an immersive social network where people come to experience content, explore their interests and connect with others. We are seeking a dynamic candidate that can help us collaborate with partners to design and build great experiences for people together across these products.The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience in technologies related to AR/VR, advanced hardware, IP rights and next generation Internet technology. This will also include an established track record of focusing on early-stage and foundational Internet technology. He/She is a self-starter who is comfortable in a rapidly changing environment and takes a proactive and strategic approach to business development. He/She will have the ability to bridge short-term goals with longer-term strategy and is able to create a well-ordered framework of action with little direction. Finally, he/she must operate with a leadership mindset that is always looking for mutual success between Meta and our partners.Required SkillsDirector, Avatars & Horizon Business Development Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the relevant Reality Labs product teams to develop strategy and recommendations on how to build key partnerships across Meta Avatars and Horizon.
- Engage partners and potential partners on programs to establish experiences with Meta Avatars and Horizon Worlds. Establish relationships with partners allowing them to bring their brands to Meta’s experiences in the Metaverse.
- Work cross-functionally with other partnerships teams on healthy collaborations as many partners will already have strong relationships with Meta.
- Lead a team of strong partnerships professionals and manage them through a rapidly evolving environment while keeping them focused on key goals and deliverables.
- Serve as a strategic advisor to Avatar & Horizon product and engineering teams to help shape roadmaps with partner needs in mind.
- Represent Reality Labs in meetings with executives from partner companies.
- 15+ years of work experience, including [8+] years of related product-oriented business development work with major technology companies and innovative start-ups.
- Experienced strategic thinker, capable of articulating important considerations in foundational technical and business decisions.
- Experience structuring and negotiating complex agreements, including interpreting legal documents and work with attorneys to complete agreements. This includes extensive experience with IP rights and sophisticated entitlement structures.
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to orchestrate and successfully complete deals and programs.
- Experience with a fast-paced, highly ambiguous start-up environment.
- High level of enthusiasm and innovation with experience to adapt easily to change and multitask.
- Interpersonal skills and experience developing working relationships inside and outside Meta.
- Experience in being creative, resourceful, detail-oriented, and highly organized.
- Effective presentation and communication skills.
- Bachelors of Science or Bachelors of Arts.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]