Product Policy Manager, Borderline Content
Meta is looking for a Product Policy Manager, ideally with experience in policy making, law, government, or tech, to join our Product Policy team. The team’s mission is to create and communicate rules for how our products may be used by people and publishers across Meta’s Family of Applications. This position will support product teams working to address borderline content issues and maintain the integrity of our Family of Apps. Candidates must be able to develop thoughtful and comprehensive policy, apply policy frameworks to new and evolving products and initiatives, and be able to scrutinize existing systems. The ability to evaluate significant trade-offs, own and be responsible for difficult decisions, including under time pressure, is essential, as is the ability to flex between strategic, big picture work on one hand, and detailed analysis, on the other. Candidates will be responsible for understanding how our content moderation systems work, as well as the Community Standards and Content Distribution Guidelines, and for developing and refining policies focused on borderline content issues. They will need to be able to anticipate and articulate the risks, opportunities and impact of our policies in this space, thinking globally and across a diverse spectrum of users. The ideal candidate will be able to critically analyze and communicate the costs and benefits of refinements to our products, policies and principles, and make recommendations about how to apply our policies in practice. Most importantly, the ideal candidate will be able to work collaboratively with partners across the company, including the many product teams involved in this area, working with them to solve problems, make trade offs, share policy perspectives, and bring improved products to our users. The ideal candidate will be passionate about the services we provide, the people we serve, and the policy questions we face.Required SkillsProduct Policy Manager, Borderline Content Responsibilities:
- Review products, features, and initiatives to provide practical counsel and strategies across multiple jurisdictions.
- Collaborate with product partners to help build and refine products that meet the goals of the Product, Operations, Legal and Policy teams.
- Help develop and refine principles and policies related to the distribution of recommended content across Meta’s products.
- Build relationships with and understand the perspectives of partners on internal teams, such as Public Policy, Engineering, Privacy, Product Management, Communications, Marketing, Partnerships, Legal, and Operations.
- Help articulate policy philosophy, launches, and product changes to relevant parties, including management, operations, and other internal and external stakeholders.
- Work with Facebook's Public Policy team, as well as external stakeholders, to monitor the global environment for policy issues that impact our recommendations products.
- Bachelor's degree in Policy, Law, Media, Technology, or related field of study.
- Demonstrates analytical-thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Experience working cross-functionally and consensus-building, including managing multi-stakeholder projects.
- Demonstrated experience with regularly handling and prioritizing multiple complex projects.
- Advanced degree in public policy or law.
- 4+ years of relevant work experience in policy, technology, law, academia, not-for-profit, or government, with an emphasis on platforms and technology, content delivery and consumption, or online content moderation.
- Experience working internationally.
- Experience of making policy.
- Experience working in or with the technology industry, especially on issues of online expression and content moderation.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $118,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]