Data Engineering Manager- Infrastructure
At Facebook, we have many opportunities to work with data each and every day. How would you like to work on data and build some of the tools that are critical to moving & transforming this data into valuable & insightful information? If so, this is the right job for you. Our Infrastructure Strategy team works very closely with all aspects of Infra data, both internal and external. We are looking for a Data Engineering Manager with Software Engineering chops to not only build data pipelines to efficiently and reliably move data across systems, but also to build the data tools to enable us to take full advantage of this data. In this role, you will get opportunities to expand our toolkit, enrich the strategic signal of our data, work more closely with new areas of infrastructure, and to grow a team that will use these core assets to have a big impact on the business.Required SkillsData Engineering Manager- Infrastructure Responsibilities:
- Build data expertise and own data quality for the pipelines you build
- Architect, build and launch new data models that provide intuitive analytics
- Design, build and launch extremely efficient & reliable data pipelines to move data (both large and small amounts) to our Data Warehouse
- Design and develop new systems and tools to enable faster data consumption
- Use your expert coding skills across a number of languages including Python and Java or PHP
- Interface with engineers, product managers and product analysts to understand data needs
- Build framework for auditing, error logging & master data management for your pipelines
- Work across multiple teams in high visibility roles and own the solution end-to-end
- Experience scaling and managing 5+ person teams.
- Communication and leadership experience, with experience initiating and driving projects.
- Experience analyzing data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies.
- Data architecture experience.
- Experience in SQL or similar languages.
- Development experience in at least one object-oriented language (Python, Perl, Java, etc.).
- 3+ years of experience in custom or structured (Informatica/Ab Initio/Talend/Pentaho, etc.) ETL design, implementation, and maintenance.
- Experience working with a MapReduce or an MPP system.
- Experience leading data driven discussions & designing scalable data platforms for analytics.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Math, Physics, or other technical field.
- Experience with enterprise data solutions.
- Experience with data sets, Hive, and data visualization tools.
- Advanced degree.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $200,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]