Director, Operations - Strategic Process and Programs
The Strategic Process and Programs team is responsible for driving operational excellence and strategic transformation across a large, high impact Operations organization. The team’s work spans seven lines of business focused on keeping our community safe and enabling high quality product experiences. Strategic Process & Programs works side by side with leaders in operations as well as product, engineering, and data to help drive our strategy, mature our operating model, enable our people to do their best work, and build scaled solutions to some of our most complex problems. This team also has oversight for a large operating budget spanning Integrity, Customer Support, Metaverse and ML/AI development. This role leads a global team of higher managers and program managers and reports into the organization’s VP. This leader is accountable for setting the strategic vision for operational excellence and driving that change across the larger organization. This is a move fast, high impact team. Vision, people leadership, operational rigor and execution, and the ability to lead through change are essential.Required SkillsDirector, Operations - Strategic Process and Programs Responsibilities:
- Set vision, strategy and operating model for operational excellence, innovation, and efficiency.
- Lead demand management and strategic resource allocation for the broader Community Product Operations organization, in line with company level priorities.
- Work in close partnership with and influence strategic investments with cross-functional stakeholders - including but not limited to operations, product & engineering, data/analytics, HR, and finance.
- Rigorously set and measure operational metrics and outcomes, and continually improve processes through industry-leading methods.
- Partner with global operations leadership, HR, learning & development, & recruiting to develop and execute on a holistic people strategy to attract, retain and develop top talent and role model leadership best practices.
- Provide strong and visionary leadership to teams
- enhance and develop a culture of trust and commitment to impact in how we support our community.
- Proven track record of leadership with 15+ years experience in operations, product, strategy and program management
- 10+ years of people management experience, including 5+ years experience managing managers and a global team
- BS or equivalent in technical or operational discipline
- Experience with cross-functional leadership and relationship building working cross-functionally with all levels of management, both internally and externally
- Strategic thinker with proven track record of transforming operations through innovation, improvement, and efficiency investments. Experience managing high-consequence operations and teams
- Strong communication skills to all levels of the organization, including senior executives
- Proven track record of attracting, scaling and developing teams
- Experience managing remote teams and contingent workforces
- Lean Six Sigma certified
- MS or MBA preferred
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]