Group Technical Program Manager, Core Systems Efficiency
At Meta, we work on some of the most challenging issues in infrastructure and large-scale distributed systems. Over the next few years, we plan to make transformative changes in how we manage our data center design and operations, server fleet, and compute and storage services. The goal is to move towards a much higher degree of automation, efficiency and fault tolerance, and much more fluid resource management, and advanced elastic compute. It is one of the largest infrastructure projects that Facebook has ever undertaken, involving thousands of engineers across software, production, electrical and mechanical engineering, and the Core Systems team is at the heart of the initiative. And with this comes the improve efficiency of capacity along with defining and delivering a unified approach to end-to-end efficiency. We are seeking a Group Technical Program Manager to lead the Core Systems Technical Program Management (TPM) team driving this initiative. The Group Technical Program Manager will have both deep technical and program expertise that can drive results with agility and leadership, and serve as an inspirational team leader that can gain the support and efforts of stakeholders teams and task owners. Demonstrated experience building, growing, and mentoring technical program management or engineering teams of 6 or more, and a proven track record of scaling infrastructure in a highly transformative environment is important. This person will be an innovative, intellectually curious problem solver. She/he does not need to have the “correct” answer to everything but, rather, should be able to quickly drive the conversation toward a productive programmatic solution by including the right stakeholders and understanding technical design trade-offs. In this position, you will redefine 'state-of-the-art' while working with talented Engineers and supporting your team of Technical Program Managers. In this role, you will go through engineering boot camp and are able to champion building an overarching understanding of the whole system architecture. As a peer to Engineering Directors and Managers, the individual will heavily contribute to planning, strategy definition, and execution; negotiating cross-team dependencies, while representing core Meta values and perspectives.Required SkillsGroup Technical Program Manager, Core Systems Efficiency Responsibilities:
- Build and lead a world-class team of TPM’s capable of scaling with Facebook through a period of continued high-growth, while forging tight partnerships with stakeholders across teams.
- Support, mentor and nurture the existing technical program management team, showing care and empathy in the face of adversity and complex situations.
- Demonstrate an ability to structure a highly cross functional, multi-faceted organization and optimize it for execution, including attracting top tier talent and filling out gaps in the existing team quickly to accommodate growth.
- Build and lead an organization with customer focus, world-class quality, and effective communication with a focus on decisive, fast-moving solutions, quick and constructive resolutions to conflicts, and drive for impact.
- Lead people management for the team, providing performance reviews, continual feedback, coaching and career growth for direct reports.
- Work with Product Management and Engineering on product-level strategic planning and delivery. Articulate the technology, requirements, goals and milestones of your team.
- Provide hands-on program management during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases.
- Manage cross-functional programs in a matrix organization covering a range of areas, defining and owning metrics and key performance indicators.
- Measure and improve efficiency and effectiveness of processes that are working well and build the next level of improvements, setting standards for efficient execution at scale.
- Manage from the front, prioritize, and drive the bigger mission forward by translating vision into results.
- B.S. in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years of software engineering, systems engineering or technical product/program management experience.
- 5+ years experience as a People Manager.
- Experience building large-scale public or private cloud infrastructure or in an established data storage, real-time monitoring, or mid-sized growth stage company.
- Experience communicating behind program architectures, including how and why they were run, and the systems put in place to run them.
- Knowledge in technical program management methodologies, experience delivering tech programs or products from inception to delivery.
- Experience moving technical or engineering programs from concept to completion and experience articulating the impact using metrics, growth examples, return.
- Experience with Distributed Learning, leveraging technologies such as Java, Python, Shell, C, C++, Objective C, Hack (PHP), Dataswarm.
- Experience with scale, production with emphasis on Reliability, Disaster Recovery, Efficiency, Scalability.
- Experience implementing instrumentation, metrics and monitoring solutions.
- Experience building a team through continual coaching and career growth opportunities.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $200,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]