Data Science Manager, Infrastructure Strategy
We’re looking for a Data Science Manager to manage and grow a team with a passion for infrastructure and drive informed business decisions from data for Facebook. You will enjoy working with some of the richest data sets in the world, cutting edge technology, and the ability to see your insights implemented in one of the largest cloud infrastructures that operate at a global scale. The team will be a part of the Infrastructure Quantitative Engineering group which is responsible for the strategic analysis to support and enable the continued growth critical to Facebook’s infrastructure organization. We are applied quantitative and computational experts using math, statistics and machine learning to measure & optimize cost, performance, reliability and efficiency of Facebook’s infrastructure & global telecom systems to deliver the best experience to our global audience. The ideal candidate will be passionate about Facebook and its mission and have demonstrated strong analytical and modeling aptitude and has experience using data to drive cost effective decision making.Required Skills Data Science Manager, Infrastructure Strategy Responsibilities:
- Build and manage a team of the very top talent - the brightest minds in data science and data engineering with the ability to not only keep up with, but also pioneer, in this space.
- Collaborate with and influence leadership so that your team’s work directly impacts infrastructure strategy.
- Inform, influence and support engineering decisions.
- Develop new techniques and data that will enable answering previously unanswered and discover new areas of opportunity.
- Establish and maintain healthy and reliable partnerships with existing and future stakeholders that come from dramatically varying backgrounds, from the highly technical to the highly creative.
- Provide success in partnering teams with dramatically varying backgrounds, from the highly technical to the highly creative.
- Apply your expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, machine learning, experimentation and the presentation of data to see beyond the numbers and understand how user behavior affects infrastructure systems (and vice versa).
- Manage development of data resources, gather requirements, organize sources, and support product launches.
- Advanced degree in a quantitative field - computer science, statistics, operations research, economics, etc.
- 6+ years of experience in Analytics, Data Science or Software Engineering, and 3+ years of experience in managing a team of Data Scientists in a formal or informal capacity.
- Experience with designing a data science roadmap and executing the vision behind it.
- Experience instilling a culture of ownership, collaboration, and results.
- Track record of recruiting talent in analytics, data science, and software engineering.
- Track record of delivering data-driven products and insights, and influencing product and engineering decisions.
- Demonstrated experience driving impact through others.
- Strong understanding of statistical analysis, experience with packages, such as R, SciPy, NumPy etc.
- Skills in at least one programming language
- Experience with managing a remote team
- Experience with large data sets and distributed computing
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $205,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]