Professional Services Manager - Federal Services
The Professional Services Manager (PSM) is a business, sales and solutions thought leader at CDW. The PSM is accountable for effective and efficient day-to-day Professional Services operations, client relationship management, and for driving alignment with the Sales team and Solutions team. The PSM demonstrates a laser-like focus in leading Advanced Technology Services Teams to achieve finance, operations, customer, and coworker targets. To realize these targets, PSMs must balance a strong financial and operational results focus with a strong coworker and customer emphasis.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Establish and cultivate a solid working relationship with customers – building relationships with customer from IT engineering staff up to “C” level executives. Lead, collaborate and participate with Sales and Solutions team(s) on customer sales calls, services estimates and sales / customer strategies with “C” suite level leadership.
- Accelerate the professional and technical development of coworkers through coaching and training ensuring laser focus on achieving high customer satisfaction.
- Manage your team to provide the right level of skill and size of team to meet customer demand while balancing team utilization and profitability.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key partner representatives (Cisco, Microsoft, etc.) to ensure CDW is top of mind. Expand these relationships to CDW account managers, regional managers, architects and engineers.
- Lead and manage designated Advanced Technology Services team to finance, operations, customer, and coworker targets.
Customer Responsibilities –
- Educate sales teams and customers about CDW services offerings and capabilities.
- Own and manage customer satisfaction / loyalty with your customers. Proactively resolve issues, as necessary.
- Conduct face-to-face customer loyalty meetings for top services customers.
- Establish and cultivate solid working relationship with all internal customers – AT Services Managers, Solutions Teams, Recruiters, Branch Managers, Account Executives, Sales Management and Senior Leadership Team.
- Validate and approve services estimates / statements of work for services engagements.
- Ensure that best practices are incorporated in the delivery of services of all solutions across Practice(s) and geographies.
- Provide overall engagement management and oversight for customer engagements.
- Negotiate contracts and statement of works with CDW legal and CDW customer base.
Coworker Responsibilities –
- Manage your team to have the right set of technical skills, in the immediate and long-term, which are focused on Advanced Technology Products and Emerging Technologies
- Ensure your team fully understands their roles, and possesses the right set of professional consulting and sales skills
- Create individual technical and professional development plans with each team member
- Provide complete, accurate, ongoing communication with your team
- Deliver substantive performance feedback and coaching to your team
- Attract, recruit and retain the “best and brightest” Advanced Technology Services Coworkers
- Perform teambuilding and foster an appealing work environment based on trust, respect and competence
- Monitor and resolve coworker satisfaction / loyalty issues
- Ensure that best practices are incorporated in the delivery of all solutions
- Share Best Practices across Regions and Practices
Operations Responsibilities –
- Lead and implement Advanced Technology Services’ vision, goals and strategies
- Create and instill a culture of increasing bill rates and decreasing costs of delivering engagements
- Manage and monitor General & Administrative expenses
- Ensure that monthly forecasts are complete, accurate and timely
- Collaborate with Senior PSMs, including new hires, internal and external training, internal projects, Coworker bonuses and merit and salary increases
- Ensure that time and invoice approval is performed in a complete, accurate and timely manner
- Establish and cultivate a solid working relationship with vendor partners – Vendor Partner Engineer Managers / Vendor Partner Services Managers / Vendor Partner Account Teams
- Understand and align with Solutions team to ensure overall sales strategy is implemented through Services teams
- Participate in the solution development lifecycle via skills readiness planning for advanced technologies, including resource selection, early engagement and training/mentoring
- Serve as the professional services interface to key vendor partners, evangelizing CDW’s capabilities and addressing perceived gaps
- Facilitate the resources and tools necessary for the advanced technology services organization’s success, including lab equipment, software, etc.
- Drive the feedback process from delivery to pre-sales, ensuring that pre-sales tactics accurately reflect delivery’s experiences
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of other coworkers
- Contribute to PSM team meetings and PSM best practices
- Review team and branch financials and project performance to ensure profitability of projects
Measurements and Targets
- Gross Profit
- Gross Margin
- Gross Profit / Coworker
- Bill Rate
- Billable Utilization
- Company Operating Margin
- Customer Loyalty
- Coworker Loyalty
- Coworker Retention
- In Market
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or a related field or equivalent experience
- Seven plus years of related consulting or IT services delivery experience
- Previous consulting management experience required
- Secret Level DOD Clearance
Other Required Qualifications
- Ability to lead teams; gain consensus
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to identify and creatively resolve client, project and people issues
- Proven negotiation skills
- Knowledge of IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, HP, and EMC products and services
- Experience working with branch vendors and business partners
- Ability to lead and manage to ensure attainment of critical results
- Ability to act as a trusted advisor in a strategic partnership
- Demonstrated ability to meet business unit sales objectives
- Ability to travel a minimum of 50%
- 2 – 5 years experience with Profit and Loss responsibility
- Strong project and risk management skills
- Strong IT background in Advanced Technologies
- Strong presentation skills
It is anticipated that this position will be eligible for the folloiwng compensation and benefits:
- Salary Range: $100,000 - $145,000, depending on experience and skillset
- Annual Bonus Target: 25%, subject to terms and conditions of the plan
- Benefits overview: [Register to View]
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.