Sirius Technical Architect-IBM Power
Sirius Computer Solutions is a CDW company. We share common values as a performance-driven, customer-focused culture. CDW is a leading multi-brand provider of information technology solutions to business, government, education and healthcare customers across the globe.
The primary purpose of this position is to provide technical infrastructure architecture support for clients’ engagements including pre-sales support and customer support.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
- Provides analyses and technical support for client’s engagements and assists the account team and other engineers with development of proposals, quotations and presentations; responsible for technical sales cycle working closely with sales to close business
- Effectively delivers customer presentations, demo instructions and other related collateral
- Performs pre-sales activities in conjunction with Account Teams in educating clients on Sirius’ offerings
- Prepares and delivers client presentations
- Provides technical demonstrations to include implementation/migration planning
- Prepares deliverable templates/client timetables
- Develops recommendations based on analysis of business and technical requirements
- Reviews client hardware configurations to ensure client meets necessary requirements
- Supports and recommends architecture and design of projects
- Performs account management duties to include research, problem solving, technical support, and general maintenance of client relationship
- Develops and reviews basic technical manuals for standard install processes that are directly related to specialization and discipline on the job
- Prepares sales quotations and technical responses to Request of Quotation (RFQs) & Request for Information (RFIs) and Request for Proposals (RFPs)
- Performs base level assessments and other discovery activities
- Is mentored by more senior level resources through shadowing and other methods to support growth and develop technical expertise
- Maintains the minimum services participation target objective
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Information Technology, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
- At least five (5) years of IBM Power-related architecture experience.
Other Position Requirements
- Demonstrated experience with Power High-Availability and DR Solutions
- Demonstrated experience with IBM AIX Operating System
- Demonstrated experience with IBM Power Systems servers
- Demonstrated knowledge of AIX storage concepts
- Prior technical pre-sales experience
- Completion of certifications related to job role
Data Privacy and Security
- All Sirius employees are responsible to safeguard the information and information systems that they use or handle in the execution of their duties. Employees are obligated to know and perform their duties in accordance with Sirius policies, standards, and procedures related to security and report security violations to the appropriate Sirius authority.
- Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. Other data privacy and data security related regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.