Infra Data Center Technical Program Manager, ERAD Policy
Meta is seeking a forward thinking Infrastructure Data Center Technical Program Manager to join our Infrastructure Data Centers Site Services team. Our data centers, and the tens of thousands of servers installed in them, are the foundation upon which our rapidly scaling infrastructure efficiently operates and upon which our innovative services are delivered. Meta is at the leading edge of the global data center industry both in terms of how data centers are designed and operated. This person should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment where adaptability and flexibility will be key to their success.The Infra Data Center Business Support team leverages operational efficiencies to develop effective solutions that support all aspects of data center operations. A critical pillar of the ERAD team’s role is the adherence to and continuous improvement of our ERAD (data “ERADication”) function, which designs, develops and deploys sanitization and destruction solutions and policy relating to storage media across the fleet. This role will work to develop/advance industry leading vision and strategy and help scale operations through partnership with cross functional teams to enable Meta’s growth.Required SkillsInfra Data Center Technical Program Manager, ERAD Policy Responsibilities:
- Develop ERAD policy, procedures and standards with the support of cross-functional teams focused on data protection and compliance with our internal and external obligations.
- Conduct incident reviews to identify the root causes with the highest risk and work with our cross-functional partners to mitigate the risks.
- Work closely with our regional field teams across IDC to validate the implementation of the ERAD policies, processes, and standards.
- Coordinate ERAD support for non-standard processes including data gathering, document creation, risk assessment and mitigation.
- Manage continuous improvement projects: Identify operational pain points and opportunities to improve business practices, and prioritize resources in the areas that will deliver the greatest impact. Conduct process reviews to understand dependencies and define ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams and vendors to scale operations through automation, process, and systems/tooling enhancements.
- Develop key performance indicators and metrics to monitor the health of the program, and identify areas for improvement.
- Review operational compliance issues and determine if a technology solution is required or a process correction needs to be made.
- Independent and thorough in examination and analysis, along with being consensus-building and results-oriented.
- 10-20% domestic and international travel required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems (MIS), related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Proven experience executing on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Communication skills and demonstrate attention to detail.
- Understanding of large scale environments and/or how to scale.
- Experience working in ambiguous situations and environments.
- Track record of adapting, learning new skill sets, and gaining an understanding of operational challenges.
- Analytical, problem-solving, negotiation and organizational skills with knowledge to focus under pressure.
- Interpersonal skills, including relationship building and “roll-up the sleeves” type of collaboration within a diverse, global, cross-functional team.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Business analyst background with experience in requirement analysis techniques/methodologies.
- 6+ years project/program management with demonstrated experience in self-managing complex program delivery in a fast-paced, matrix environment.
- Resourceful, action-orientated with experience getting things done and overcoming obstacles.
- Data center, hardware, and/or server infrastructure experience.
- Demonstrated track record of delivering business value using technology solutions in high-tech operations space.
- Familiarity with regulatory and compliance frameworks relevant to technology and social media.
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]