Data Engineering Manager, Analytics (Reality Labs)
Come invent the future. At Reality Labs, software development is vital to turbocharging our scientific explorations and generating viable paths to the consumer products people will use for decades to come — products that will change how the world engages with computing.We are looking for a leader in our Data Engineering team to work closely with Product Managers, Data Scientists and Software Engineers to support building out a great platform for the future of computing. In this role, you’ll see a direct link between your work, company growth, and user satisfaction. You’ll work with some of the brightest minds in the industry, work with one of the richest data sets in the world, use cutting edge technology, and see your efforts affect products and people on a regular basis.The ideal candidate will have strong data infrastructure and data architecture skills as well as experience in areas such as operating system telemetry, data driven acceleration of computer vision problems & voice assistants. Candidates should also have a proven track record of leading and scaling data teams, strong operational skills to drive efficiency and speed, strong project management leadership, and a strong vision for how data can proactively improve companies.Required SkillsData Engineering Manager, Analytics (Reality Labs) Responsibilities:
- Proactively drive the vision for Dashboarding and Data Warehousing across Facebook Reality Labs and define and execute on a plan to achieve that vision.
- Define the processes needed to achieve operational excellence in all areas, including project management, data quality and system reliability.
- Build a high quality Data Engineering team and design the team to scale.
- Build cross-functional relationships with Data Scientists, Product Managers, User Researchers and Software Engineers to understand how data can help inform product direction.
- Manage data warehouse plans.
- Drive the design, building, and launching of new dashboards, data models and data pipelines in production.
- Manage development of data resources and support new product launches.
- Define and manage SLA’s for all data sets and processes running in production.
- Data architecture experience.
- Communication and leadership experience, with experience initiating and driving projects.
- Experience scaling and managing teams.
- Experience in SQL or similar languages and development experience in at least one scripting language (Python, Perl, etc.).
- 6+ years of experience in Business Intelligence and Data Warehousing.
- Project management experience.
- Experience with Augmented Reality or similar media enhancement technologies.
- Experience in a consumer web, gaming, or mobile company.
- Experience with large volume data sets, Hive/Presto, and data visualization tools.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $200,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]