Community Manager, WhatsApp
We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes social media. Someone who tracks Instagram feature updates like it’s their job (spoiler alert: it will be), is obsessed with Twitter’s trending topics and has already tried the latest TikTok hack before anyone else has even heard of it. WhatsApp is a fast, simple and reliable way to talk to anyone in the world. Over 2 billion people in 180+ countries use WhatsApp daily to stay in touch with friends and family, anytime and anywhere. WhatsApp also has over 35 million followers across social channels, and we are looking for an experienced Community Manager to nurture and engage this audience. The Community Manager will be responsible for managing every aspect of publishing content to our social channels, including creating and updating editorial calendars, working with copywriters and creative teams to develop content, and managing the entire asset workflow from creation to publishing and reporting. This person plays a significant role in building the brand in Social, ensuring that consumers are kept informed, up-to-date and close to WhatsApp. WhatsApp is all about closeness and emotional connection, so we want to reflect that in our Social channels. The ideal candidate is someone who understands the emotions and complexities of communities, as well the technical functionalities of Social media. They will understand how to talk to people and when to get involved; they will understand why certain content works and what people are looking for; they will know how to ‘read the room’ and judge situations online. They will have a proven track record in managing and publishing Social content for a consumer facing brand with a large online following, including copywriting, publishing and listening/responding to brand opportunities online. The Community Manager will have the keys to the Social channels - so we’re looking for someone who is highly organized, has a strong attention to detail, comfortable with change, despises typos, and will never ever leave their phone in the back of an Uber. The WhatsApp community manager will also have a high degree of strategic acumen, and is able to understand and translate business and marketing goals into social strategies.Required SkillsCommunity Manager, WhatsApp Responsibilities:
- A passion for WhatsApp and it’s mission to connect the world privately.
- Work with the Social Lead to build a content calendar for the week, and publish posts accordingly.
- Work with the broader Marketing team to bring campaigns to life through Social.
- Work with the content teams to deliver assets that are ‘Social first’ and optimized for each channel.
- Use our Social insights and listening tools to identify great opportunities for engagement through replies, Stories and Fleets.
- Understand the interests and behaviors of our community and how to best connect with them and keep them engaged.
- Partner with Communications team to flag and escalate sensitive community responses and provide recommended actions.
- Oversee a high volume of content creation (both internally and via agency partners) and plan for how this will be deployed within the editorial calendar.
- Test and analyze results to measure the effectiveness of our efforts, with an emphasis on continuous optimization and iteration.
- Liaise and manage processes with external moderation partners, including working in partnership to develop and implement best-in-class Community.
- Understand the strategic role that Social plays in our Marketing strategy.
- Work with our copywriting team to finesse language for posts and content.
- This is not a customer service role, but the ideal candidate will be comfortable producing product education content in both outbounds and replies.
- Understand the WhatsApp Consumer and their connection with the product to drive meaningful new product/feature adoption and greater engagement.
- Experience in handling replies for a brand (whether for customer service or for general engagement).
- Experience wearing both creative and analytical hats, putting forth best-in-class execution within a measurable and data driven framework.
- Experience with Social analytics.
- 3+ years of experience running Social channels for a global consumer facing brand.
- Experience spotting opportunities as they arise in response to cultural, media, or market trends.
- Experience in publishing and managing a content calendar.
- Experience prioritizing tasks, manage deadlines, adapt with changing priorities, and balance short-term needs with long-term strategic initiatives in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment.
- Experience in copywriting for nuanced brand.
- Strong international experience and knowledge of diverse cultural, social and business landscapes.
- Experience with Social tools - e.g. Khoros, Sprinklr, Brandwatch.
- Understanding of cultural trends, memes and the internet landscape both in the U.S. and internationally.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $96,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]