Thermal Simulation Engineer
Reality Labs is seeking an experienced Thermal Simulation Engineer with a strong background in modeling, analyzing, and developing solutions for a wide variety of thermal systems and Multiphysics systems. Our ideal candidate approaches complex problems with an analytical mindset firmly rooted in engineering first principles. They are unafraid to challenge underlying assumptions and are dedicated to delivering solutions in addition to insight. We want someone who works well in a highly collaborative, cross-functional environment, can drive clarity from ambiguity, communicates complex concepts clearly, and is unafraid to tackle new challenges. If you are passionate about using your analytical skills to push the boundaries of what is possible, we want you on our team.Required SkillsThermal Simulation Engineer Responsibilities:
- Deliver simulation and analysis-based solutions to thermal management problems.
- Collaborate with designers, engineers, and other cross-functional partners to identify risks, strategically create simulations, plan and conduct validation testing, and deliver objective, data-driven engineering guidance and solutions.
- Contribute to the creation of product requirements and technical specifications.
- Provide data and technical guidance for product architecture development efforts.
- Organize and lead thermal design reviews, solution brainstorms, and implementation efforts.
- Drive root cause efforts and design of experiments to resolve problems.
- Present results in a form actionable by cross-functional team members and leadership.
- Advance team capabilities using new methods, materials, technologies, and software tools.
- 3+ years experience architecting products around passive and active thermal solutions.
- Knowledge of engineering and physics-based principles related to heat transfer, fluid flow, optics, and solid mechanics.
- Masters degree or equivalent experience in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or a related field.
- 5+ years experience using commercial thermal-CFD simulation tools such as Ansys, COMSOL, STAR-CCM+, OpenFOAM.
- Knowledge of finite element analysis, numerical methods, and partial differential equations.
- Understanding of the mechanical, thermal, and optical properties for a broad spectrum of materials, for example glass, ceramic, polymers, and adhesives.
- Experience using a data-driven approach to analyze thermal problems and deliver robust, optimized solutions.
- Functional knowledge of semiconductor packaging technologies.
- Experience delivering analysis and developing solutions for consumer products.
- Experience building relationships and working cross-functionally with multidisciplinary teams.
- PhD or equivalent experience in Mechanical Engineering, Physics, or a related field.
- Functional knowledge of mechanics, optics, and electromagnetics.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $170,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]