Visiting Research Scientist, Ads and Market Algorithms (Core Data Science), PhD
Meta is seeking exceptional researchers to join the Ads and Market Algorithms group within the Core Data Science team as a Visiting Research Scientist. Core Data Science is an interdisciplinary team of quantitative scientists that aims to deliver research and innovation that fundamentally increases the magnitude of Meta’s success. The Research Scientists in the Ads and Market Algorithms team use tools from Algorithmic Game Theory, Operations Research, Economics, and Statistics to solve problems in Meta’s advertising products and other market applications.The candidate will have the opportunity to work on real problems faced by product teams and develop and prototype principled solutions. The ideal candidate would be excited about applying academic insights to real problems, and publishing methodological contributions at strong academic venues. Possible application areas include online ad auctions, ad budget management and auto-bidding solutions, experimentation in two-sided markets with constraints, incentive schemes for creators, pricing schemes in market places, and more.The ideal candidate will have extensive graduate training in Algorithmic Game Theory, Operations Research, Economics, Statistics or related fields, and an interest in answering challenging, open-ended research questions with real-world impact. Expertise in one or more of the following fields is preferred: auction theory, mechanism design, online control problems with constraints, experimentation in two-sided markets, and applied machine learning.Required SkillsVisiting Research Scientist, Ads and Market Algorithms (Core Data Science), PhD Responsibilities:
- Answer important product and business questions in Meta’s advertising and market products using insights from Algorithmic Game Theory, Operations Research, Economics, and/or Statistics.
- Propose and prototype practical solutions to problems in Meta’s advertising and market products.
- Communicate and work through complex quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner.
- Synthesize and apply relevant insights from the academic literature to Meta’s advertising and market products.
- Publish methodological contributions at top tier academic venues.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining a Ph.D. in Computer Science, Operations Research, Economics or a related field
- Experience developing and analyzing the performance of algorithms
- Experience manipulating and analyzing data and communicating quantitative analysis
- Experience with general-purpose programming languages, and data analysis tools such as R (or Python data science libraries)
- Must obtain work authorization in country of employment at the time of hire and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $143,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]