Research Scientist, MEMS Motion Sensors
Reality Labs (RL) Sensors Team at Meta is helping build novel products in Augmented and Virtual Reality. Our team explores, develops, and delivers new cutting-edge sensing technologies that serve as the foundation of current and future AR/VR products at Meta. We are looking for candidates with experience in MEMS sensor design to assist with the development of novel hardware and software systems within the RL Sensors Team, while collaborating with experts across multiple domains.Required SkillsResearch Scientist, MEMS Motion Sensors Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with other researchers and engineers across Meta to develop novel hardware and software products that advance the state-of-the-art in AR/VR systems.
- Collaborate with internal and external research, design, and engineering teams to develop sensor technologies that advance the state-of-the-art.
- Work with the team to help design, setup, and run practical experiments related to sensor systems.
- PhD degree in Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Materials Science, or related engineering disciplines.
- 3+ years’ industry experience, directly contributing to development of Micro-electro-mechanical System (MEMS) sensors such as ultrasonic transducers, microphones, pressure sensors, gyroscopes, or accelerometers.
- Hands-on experience in bring-up, debug, and testing of MEMS sensors using laboratory equipment such as oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, and network analyzers.
- Demonstrated experience in modeling MEMS sensors using software platforms such as MATLAB, COMSOL, and ANSYS.
- Familiarity with MEMS front-end electronics and/or control systems.
- Demonstrated experience in cross-group and cross-culture collaboration.
- Deep understanding of piezoelectric and/or electrostatic transduction mechanisms.
- Deep understanding of acoustics and vibratory systems.
- Demonstrated experience in using Computer Aided Design (CAD) tools such as SolidWorks, NX, Catia, or similar software.
- Familiarity with the emerging Augmented Reality and Virtual Reality technologies.
- Proven track record of achieving significant results as demonstrated by first-authored publications or implementation.
- High levels of creativity and quick problem-solving skills.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $213,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]