Senior Financial Audit Consultant
Focal Point Data Risk, a CDW Company, is one that delivers a unified approach to addressing data risk through a unique combination of consulting service offerings.
CDW - Focal Point Data Risk delivers a unified approach to addressing data risk through a unique combination of service offerings. Focal Point has brought together industry-leading expertise in cyber security, identity governance and access management, data privacy and analytics, internal audit, and hands-on training services, giving companies everything they need to plan and develop effective risk and security programs. By integrating these services, we provide our clients with the flexible support they need to protect and leverage data across any part of their organization. Simply put, Focal Point is the next generation of risk management.
The Financial Audit Senior Consultant is responsible for the execution of field work on client engagements. Working remotely, on-site and/or at the practice office, the Financial Audit Senior Consultant is responsible for executing assigned audit plan tasks and will collect data, test audit evidence and processes, and document the associated procedures according to Audit guidance. This role interacts frequently with client contacts and requires strong project management, attention to detail and project deadlines. The Senior will work closely with Managers and Directors to keep projects focused and on schedule.
Essential Functions | Responsibilities:
- Performs testing of financial transactions, processes, or controls based on audit program.
- Prepares audit findings memo and works with engagement manager on recommendations.
- Co-lead client audit engagements, which include planning executing, directing, and completing financial, operational, and compliance audits.
- Develop process flows and narratives of business processes.
- Supervise, train and mentor associates and interns on audit process.
- Research and analyze financial statement and audit related issues.
- Proactively interact with key client’s management to gather information, resolve problems, and make recommendations for business and process improvements.
- Performs other job duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications - Internal
- 3 -5 years of Internal Audit, Financial Audit, Public Accounting or Sarbanes-Oxley experience.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
- Obtained or working toward a related professional certification (CIA, CPA, CISA, CFE etc.)
- Demonstrate a thorough understanding of PCAOB and generally accepted auditing standards and common audit procedures and techniques.
- Working knowledge of GAAP.
- Strong organizational skill and attention to detail.
- Ability to audit financial, operational and technical processes and controls to assist with SOX compliance.
- Intermediate to Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access.
- A Master’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field.
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.