Senior Systems Analyst
The Systems Analyst for Project to Close engages directly with internal customers to analyze business processes and problems, evaluate system related needs, and help translate those needs to solutions that will provide value to our business partners. The Systems Analyst is a key member of the Project to Close team, interacting with Product Owners, Developers, QA testers, Design Architects, Scrum Masters, Vendors, and more. Their key role will be to derive and document via user stories the business needs, while proactively managing customer expectations and resolving questions around business and system capabilities, as well as product features and functionality.
- Partner with Product Owner(s) as a primary point of contact for system related questions and requirements, with ability to guide and escalate across product delivery team(s) as necessary.
- Understand the strategic direction of product features and related system and business processes, impacts of changes across the entire application, and the priorities of backlog.
- Apply knowledge of business and system capabilities to anticipate needs, address issues that arise, and deliver value to our customers.
- Apply/teach knowledge of SDLC processes to include system process flows, team reviews of analysis, design, code, test, and deployment, as well as relevant Agile ceremonies for all assigned products.
- Project Initiation & Planning (project assignment, resource management, budgeting, proposal management).
- Communicate shared vision for product quality throughout the product life cycle by writing requirements or user stories with clear acceptance criteria and advising or preparing test plans/scenarios when necessary.
- Cross train across the Project Execution team to support entire Project to Close Taxonomy.
- Improve overall team performance and efficiency by learning new concepts, sharing knowledge gained, and advancing product / project team capabilities through continuous improvement cycles.
- BS/BA degree in related field and/or comparable industry, or related work experience.
- 5+ years of related Systems Analyst experience to include preparing requirement documentation.
- Experience working within an Agile environment preferred.
- Oracle Fusion or other ERP experience working with project initiation and planning preferred.
- Collaborative Team Player. The Systems Analyst will work with teams and collaborate with Product Owners, as well as business and technical stakeholders to understand key business processes and application functionality in order to support translation of business needs to system requirements.
- Self Starter. The Systems Analyst should be able to work independently, gathering appropriate knowledge, resources and escalating when necessary. Ability to lead small projects/tasks to completion.
- Communication skills. The Systems Analyst will lead meetings and interact with IS and business partners. Strong written communication skills are necessary to prepare user stories, job aides, and other required artifacts.
- Critical thinking/problem solving. The Systems Analyst should be detail oriented and have strong analytical skills. They are the subject matter expert assisting the product/project team in system functionality.
- Understanding of Project to Close functionality (project initiation, budgeting, resource management, project costs, invoicing and revenue, project lifecycle)
- Build relationships
- Develop people
- Lead change
- Inspire Others
- Think critically
- Communicate clearly
- Create accountability