Research Scientist Intern, PHD, PyTorch Compiler
Our team makes PyTorch run faster and more resource-efficient without sacrificing the flexibility and ease of use of PyTorch.Our teams scope is to: - Define and maintain the core compiler architecture of PyTorch – Intermediate Representation (IR), its capture, optimization, and execution, common utilities – to serve all deployment scenarios (server/embedded, inference/training) and vendor backends; - Improve PyTorch out-of-the-box performance; - Develop tools and performance APIs to enable researchers to optimize models using domain knowledge.Our team at Meta AI offers twelve (12) to sixteen (16) weeks long internships and we have various start dates throughout the year. To learn more about our research, visit [Register to View]Required SkillsResearch Scientist Intern, PHD, PyTorch Compiler Responsibilities:
- Develop new techniques to improve the PyTorch compiler.
- Find opportunities for new optimizations to make PyTorch faster.
- Apply knowledge and research to advance the state-of-the-art in machine learning frameworks.
- Collaborate with users of PyTorch to enable new use cases for the framework both inside and outside Facebook.
- Currently has, or is in the process of obtaining, PhD degree in the field of Computer Science or a related STEM field
- Experience in ML compiler, ML systems, ML programming languages, or similar.
- Must obtain work authorization in the country of employment at the time of hire, and maintain ongoing work authorization during employment.
- Experience working on other ML compiler stack.
- Research or software engineer experience demonstrated via grants, fellowships, patents, internship, work experience, and/or coding competitions.
- Experience doing performance optimization on machine learning models.
- First-authored publications at peer-reviewed conferences (e.g. NeurIPS, MLSys, ASPLOS, PLDI, CGO, PACT, ICML, or similar).
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]