Image Sensor Engineer (a1K2K0000030jPFUAY)
Facebook Reality Labs (FRL) is a world leader in the design of virtual reality (VR) and augmented reality (AR) systems. Come work alongside technology visionaries and research scientists to create the technology that makes VR and AR pervasive and universal. The Cameras & Sensors (C&S) team gathers world class expertise and talent in photographic and machine vision cameras, imaging sensors, and depth, inertial, and bio sensing systems, and owns the development and validation for all these sensing systems across the whole AR, VR & Portal product portfolios.We are looking for an Image Sensor Engineer who will partner with a team of engineers covering the complete CMOS image sensor lifecycle in human perception and machine perception imaging. This individual will support sensor requirements definition, selection and integration of leading edge image sensors into our product camera modules. Their work scope will span OTS image sensors, semi-custom sensors, fully custom sensors, and advanced sensor technologies.Required SkillsImage Sensor Engineer Responsibilities:
- Translate system requirements to sensor specifications, identify optimal solutions for each product in FRL.
- Work with a cross functional team to ensure a sound imaging architecture and flawless integration of image sensors into the final product.
- Lead and collaborate with internal or external partners to develop novel sensor solutions to meet future AR/VR sensor needs, work with vendors to align and influence their sensor roadmap.
- 5+ years of experience in CMOS Imaging/Electro Optical Systems.
- Basic knowledge of image sensor design: pixels, analog readout and serial interfaces.
- Experience translating system requirements to sensor specifications and down select image sensors for product (electrical, optical, sensor etc.).
- Understanding of sensor operation and IQ performance tradeoff for sensor performance parameters.
- Experience in new sensor bring up, test vehicles and evaluation.
- Experience in characterizing sensor performance for photographic or machine perception needs for pixels such as Global shutter, iToF and SPAD etc.
- Experience creating radiometric and photometric models from sensor characterization data, create synthetic images using the characterization data and correlate with product/features requirements.
- Experience scripting in MATLAB/Python.
- Knowledge of FPGA, SPAD, ISP, major SOC platforms, computer vision, or machine learning.
(Colorado only*) Estimated salary of $170,000/year + bonus + equity + benefits *Note: Disclosure as required by sb19-085(8-5-20)
Facebook is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Facebook is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at [Register to View]