BPM Developer - ( jBPM/ Drools / PostgreSQL) (R210012303_Chicago)
Address:1200 E. Warrenville Road
Job Family Group:Technology
The BPM admin and developer works on multiple initiatives of varying complexity in order to meet client demands. Developer also leads the business process development, associated rules, testing, and implementation, involving input from relevant development support groups in order to provide the finalized process for recommendation to the management. Understands that the success of a developer is to understand the core business processes of the business unit and business requirements as well as the architecture patterns and technology strategy. Conceive and write detailed software implementations/code while ensuring that their code/configurations adhere to the security, logging, error handling, and performance standards and non-functional requirements. Writes, configures, and integrates code to create the software that aligns with architecture patterns and technology strategy. Understands the implications of various components (including technology strategy & architecture) to the overall design of a program, system, or eco-system. Works toward the objective of defect free software. Ensures that systems functionally meet requirements, align with architecture and promote the development of common assets. Supports the resolution of production issues and problems. Makes recommendations to improve BMO processes & systems.
- Develop and code bpm solutions to complex technical issues to ensure the optimal solution is recommended to the Technology Head, Technology Leadership, and clients.
- Defines and documents application business processing and associate rules to ensure adherence to Enterprise standards and alignment to the technical strategies and target architecture.
- Participate project and team meetings, interacting, and collaborating with team members and other departments, when appropriate to define accountabilities, communicate the status of work items, and discuss barriers to the delivery of work.
- Experienced in software development Process Action Teams and contributes to the continuous improvement of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) processes to improve/optimize organizational processes for the overall effectiveness of the development team
- Possesses a university degree/college diploma in applied technologies and/or 10+ years’ experience in state-of-the-art financial application development with expert business knowledge
- Possesses expert project management experience
- Possesses extensive practical experience with Retail or Commercial technology systems or similar packaged application development and/or client solution delivery
- Demonstrates expert knowledge of design and analysis methodology and application development processes from both an industry and BMO perspective
- Exhibits expert understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Quality Assurance requirements, and software development control and release procedures
- Possesses release management knowledge and maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across business stakeholders, IT key partners and vendors
- Demonstrates expert understanding of relevant and emerging technologies and industry directions
- Possess in-depth technical skills to lead the discussion with the architects, solution engineers, vendor and enterprise architecture to ensure accomplishment of the business needs
- Retail or Commercial banking domain experience preferred
- Must have hands-on experience in configuring and installation of jBPM
- Must have hands-on experience in jBPM, Drools, PostgreSQL
- Must have BPMN notations and API development
- Hands-on and in-depth knowledge in Java, SpringBoot, Openshift, Maven, etc.
- Hands-on experience with Linux and Windows servers
- Experience with MongoDB
- Excellent experience in DevOps: Git, Ansible, jfrog, Bamboo
- Test/Prod support, Triage calls, issue resolution, Coordination with stakeholders (business/Technology), escalate to necessary parties.
- Understanding audit, DR, regulatory tasks for related applications
- Possesses expert communication skills, both written and verbal
- Demonstrates expert leadership and relationship management skills
- Possesses an expert ability to manage multiple projects high in complexity and of strategic importance
- Is capable of resolving diverse, complex and ambiguous issues and situations
- Is able to manage change
- Is able to work independently
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at [Register to View] .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.