Sr Information Security Officer - Middleware, Containers and Endpoint Security (R210026713_Chicago)
Address:200 W Adams Street
Job Family Group:TechnologyThe Financial Crimes Unit (FCU) brings together our Cybersecurity, Fraud, Physical Security and Resilience Planning capabilities to address the ever-growing and increasingly complex global security environment. It is a highly collaborative effort that greatly enhances BMO’s ability to rapidly prevent, detect, respond to, and recover from all security & crisis threats. This position offers a unique experience to learn from experienced leaders in the industry, join a team building the 21st century model for security and helping grow the good by protecting our customers and communities.The key aspect of this role is to create and/or refresh security hardening baselines for infrastructure and/or applications ( middleware, containers, OS., databases). Ideally, experience with security baseline support on infrastructure ( like middleware or containers), or experience with refreshing/creating security hardening baselines for infrastructures is preferred. #bmocybersecurity. #bmocybersecurity #bmocybersecurityProvides information security consulting services for BMO overall and businesses/groups. Liaises with stakeholders to understand problems and opportunities and enables BMO to meet its goals by understanding business vision, objectives and KPIs. Leads the development of information security strategy by understanding business processes, policies, information and information systems. Builds exceptional relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Ensures that requirements and solutions align to a real business need, are approved by all relevant stakeholders, and meets essential information security standards. Provides thought leadership, promotes new processes and methodologies and emerging technologies, with the flexibility to align to the unique requirements of the business/group and deliverables.
- Provides strategic input into business decisions as a trusted advisor.
- Understands and can explain to others the core processes, risks and mitigation techniques for designated areas.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- Identifies and recommends opportunities to create/contribute to the tactical and strategic vision of the organization.
- Supports the execution of strategic initiatives in collaboration with internal and external stakeholders.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Presents data and information to all levels within IT and to business units.
- Leads/oversees the management of vendor relationships and provides guidelines for execution; ensures that all agreements are met as per requirements.
- Stays abreast of industry, information security and business trends through benchmarking and/or participation in professional associations.
- Analyzes trends and stays current with industry events to proactively prevent information security issues.
- Understands the strategy, plans, activities and needs of all stakeholders and translates those business needs into solutions and makes recommendations.
- Provides advice, counsel and support on information security matters and recommends solutions to assigned business/group leaders on principles, frameworks, programs, approaches, trends, legislation and regulatory requirements including interpretation of policy and identification and management of risk.
- Builds credibility and influences/negotiates effectively to drive business performance through development and delivery of information security solutions.
- Tracks metrics and milestones, providing recommendations for resolution and escalating as appropriate when issues arise.
- Facilitates discussions and follows a disciplined approach to plan, elicit, analyse, document, communicate and manage initiatives and issues with stakeholders by applying a variety of elicitation techniques to probe, challenge and understand associated risks.
- Promotes process improvements and methodologies; keeps emerging information security issues and trends in mind and ensures standards are followed.
- Creates professional presentations and deliver them in a meaningful concise way.
- Assesses information security impact to a project’s benefits and risks when scope changes.
- Develops and champions information security best practices, including staying abreast of industry information security and business trends through benchmarking and/or participation in professional associations.
- Gathers, examines and interprets data and information to extract meaningful insights, answer business questions and provide actionable recommendations.
- Assists with continuous improvement activities and root cause analysis with the goal of strengthening information security capabilities.
- Ensures consistent, high quality practices/work and the achievement of business results in alignment with business/group strategies and with productivity goals.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a specialist resource to senior leaders and stakeholders.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to problems that can be complex and non-routine.
- Implements changes in response to shifting trends.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- 7 years combined experience in Containers, Middleware, OS (Linux/Windows) platforms, databases, or Desktops
- Nice-to-have 5 years working in Cyber Security and infrastructure
- Nice-to-have knowledge of security hardening creation, management for platform infrastructure
- Typically 7+ years of relevant experience and a post-secondary degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, and/or Information Systems or a related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Multiple information security certifications from a well-recognized institution (e.g. (ISC)2, ISACA, SANS).Possesses an expert level of knowledge of information security processes, procedures and controls.
- Understanding of industry standards and frameworks e.g. NIST Cyber Security Framework (CSF), ISO 27001 and 27002 - In-depth/Expert.
- Knowledge of business analysis, project delivery practices and standards across the project lifecycle - In-depth/Expert.
- Demonstrates in depth knowledge of information security concepts, methodology, processes, procedures and controls.
- Understanding and problem solving ability of information security issues across the bank - In-depth/Expert.
- Understanding of information security risk and regulatory requirements - In-depth/Expert.
- Knowledge of the technical/business environment and the corporate processes and procedures - In-depth/Expert.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Influence skills - In-depth / Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth / Expert.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at [Register to View] .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.