Associate Consulting Engineer - Federal (Data Center) ( 21004471-OTHLOC-244100025537 )
Active DOD CLEARANCE IS REQUIRED!
Relocation is not a requirement. Position will require travel to various Federal DOD client sites.
Let’s change the world together
CDW is building teams that are growing service offerings to our customers. A successful Associate Consulting Engineer (ACE) will immerse in a close-knit group of techies, to collaborate and master with. Hone your learning by partnering with skilled engineers that value your ideas and perspectives. The Program is a meaningful paid, industry-leading training program for people who have real passion for technology, an aptitude for problem solving, and a drive for customer dedication. Further expand your knowledge, gain hands-on experience with leading-edge technology, while accelerating your career dreams and leveraging your Security Clearance by working on Federal initiatives on various Bases and Client Sites. Upon completion of the program, you will advance into an Engineer Consultant on CDW’s services team where you will accelerate your career.
What you’ll be doing:
Participate in a best-in-class training program while gaining valuable on-the-job skills. As an Associate Consulting Engineer (ACE), you will be actively involved in technical solving opportunities and assigned to meaningful projects that align to your skill set. Learn from top technology professionals as well as pursue certifications that are incorporated into the program.
ACEs focusing in this Data Center practice will work with our lead engineers designing, planning, and implementing Data Center Solutions including Network Virtualization, Storgae, Data Center Security (ADD) and Compute platforms.
CDW is a leader in providing Information Security risk assessment services and is the predominant Cisco solutions provider. By joining our team, you will be partnered with industry leading Engineers, Consultants and Technical Architects as colleagues to help enable your success
- Authorized to work for CDW in the United States; immigration sponsorship (H-1B, TN, etc.) is not currently available for this position.
- Valid U.S. driver’s license
- DoD Secret Clearance and above
- BA/BS including concentration in; Telecommunications, Computer Science, Engineering, or related discipline or one of the following:
- Associate degree in Information Security, Computer Science, or related technology focused concentration plus 1 year of relevant practical experience or;
- 3+ years relevant practical experience in IT networking, information systems management or applications development or;
- 1 year relevant practical experience plus one or more applicable technology related certifications (certifications to be in active standing)
- Ability to travel up to 75% (can vary by location)
- Ability to work select weekends and/or after hours when business needs arise
- At least 1 year or equivalent experience of programming experience with Python, Perl, Ruby, or PowerShell
- Experience with Linux
- One or more of the following professional certifications: CompTIA Security+, CompTIA Network+, CCNA, CISSP, OSCP, SANS GIAC
- Experience in cyber competitions.
- Public speaking experience
- Military Information Security background is a plus
- National technology related challenges, awards or achievements
CDW is committed to maintaining a workplace that is free of known hazards and to ensuring the safety, health, and well-being of coworkers and candidates for employment and their families, as well as the community.
CDW requires all coworkers be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, with the only exceptions being a documented, legally required medical or religious accommodation. Prior to starting with CDW, successful candidates will be required to: (i) be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and provide CDW with proof of full vaccination; or (ii) apply for and receive a medical or religious-based accommodation to be exempt from the mandatory vaccination policy.