Director, Cloud Security - Technical Program Leader (R210027758_Dallas)
Address:200 Connell Drive
Job Family Group:Technology
You will be instrumental in assisting the cloud security agenda forward, and you will be responsible for overseeing Cloud Security activities across multiple cyber security domains.
By partnering closely with cloud engineering and architecture teams to manage the cloud security pipeline, you will ensure that the operational processes, policies, and performance measurements for the program’s objectives are being met. This is a KEY opportunity where you will need to partner and drive influence on cloud security agenda in a complex and a highly dynamic environment. You will orchestrate the planning and operation of cloud security activities and compliance remediation, and oversee, monitor and report the progress of all cloud security related activities.
Building the right KRI’s to monitor the progress of cloud security, and having experience to interface with regulators and auditors to paint the full picture for cloud security is critical. Participating with senior managers to present topics related to cloud security, and your ability to understand the technical details and influence the direction on technical matters is imperative in this role.
Having a strong vision on cloud security and partnering with key stakeholders to prioritize the work based on the risk and outcomes as well as recommending /making decisions on cloud security matters to ensure effective achievement of cloud program is critical in this role. Your ability to effectively communicate risk, challenges and recommendations related to cloud security, and build collaborative partnerships across multiple domains and drive results in a shared responsibility model is very important in this role.
Equally important is expertise with examining processes holistically to understand the impact of change on people, strategy, systems and business operations is important in order to be effective in this role.
#bmocybersecurityMandates: Creates a visionary architecture roadmap and organizational strategy to align Business and IT. Leads and facilitates the design and implementation of repeatable technical solutions and processes related to technology architecture. Defines and documents efficient and transparent architecture principles, standards and guidelines regarding the proper use and deployment of business applications, data and technology within the Bank. Partners with broader stakeholders in technology and business in defining architecture possibilities and futures. Works with business and development teams in recommending process or system design and enhancements. Ensures that systems are functionally appropriate, technically sound and well-integrated. Provides immediate response to critical production program-wide problems to evaluate solutions, coordinate recovery and ensure resolution.
- Fosters a culture aligned to BMO purpose, values and strategy and role models BMO values and behaviours in all that they do.
- Ensures alignment between values and behaviour that fosters diversity and inclusion.
- Regularly connects work to BMO’s purpose, sets inspirational goals, defines clear expected outcomes, and ensures clear accountability for follow through.
- Builds interdependent teams that collaborate across functional and operating groups to create the highest value for all stakeholders.
- Attracts, retains, and enables the career development of top talent.
- Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance, coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor performance.
- Provides leadership at an enterprise level in the analysis, planning, and design of computer/network systems.
- Work with executives from various groups to provide architectural recommendations & guidance as well as executive-level presentations at the enterprise level.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to senior leaders for making business decisions and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Reviews architectural designs and makes recommendations for approval.
- Develops an expert understanding of business/group challenges.
- Networks with industry contacts to gather competitive insights and best practices.
- Recommends measures to improve organizational effectiveness.
- Provides input into the preparation of business cases.
- Participates in architecture governance (may be as a non-voting member).
- Participates in setting technical direction of the styles of computing.
- Acts as a subject matter expert on relevant regulations and policies.
- May consult to or serve on various committees and task forces.
- Participates in 3 Year Engineering/Technical Roadmaps for one or more layers of the architecture.
- Assists in the development of Information Security Strategy and Roadmap for all Security Technology domains.
- Provides input on the strategic direction of Security Architecture team.
- Participates in Architecture Review Meetings/Boards to ensure that the organization and architecture align with the business model of the enterprise; providing architectural direction and communicating architectural decisions, plans, goals and strategies.
- Delivers architectural initiatives that drive revenue and improve efficiency to align with business strategy.
- Acts as the prime contact for internal/external stakeholder relationships, which may include regulators.
- Acts as the prime subject matter expert for internal/external stakeholders.
- Develops a deep understanding of organizational complexity to build strong rapport with the appropriate matrix areas for the construction and delivery of the solution.
- Leverages metrics and analytics to gain insight for planning, design and management to facilitate the identification of improvement opportunities.
- Prepares system security reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Defines project objectives for systems and technical infrastructure implementation consistent with strategic direction.
- Leads Information Security projects throughout the entire project lifecycle
- Solves complex system issues/failures and helps to determine root causes as well as designing resolutions.
- Approves security requirements and develops secure designs for projects inside & outside of information security.
- Reviews and approves security standards and procedures.
- Monitors security environment; identifies security gaps; evaluates and implements enhancements to improve/upgrade security systems.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability of the technology organization at BMO, such as: sharing architectural expertise to promote technical development, mentoring employees, building communities of practice and networks across technology.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities & individual learning.
- Creates and manages the various architecture assets for the designated portfolio and scope. Includes Applications, Data, Technologies, Processes, and Users.
- Analyzes and designs viable solutions to high complexity business problems according to user specifications and oversees implementation of end-to-end integrated solutions.
- Ensures sound and robust architecture and provides sufficient guidance for the successful implementation of solutions to mitigate any negative impact on Technology and Enterprise budget.
- Identifies risks or issues with technology solution & design which may impact realization of project benefits and provides guidance and support to stakeholders in making good decisions to proactively resolve or mitigate potential risks/delays to the project.
- Participates in the system specification review process to ensure system requirements can be translated into valid software architecture.
- Identifies and researches relevant technologies, performs Proof of Concepts / Prototypes, and recommends applications of such technologies to future product architectures.
- Proactively identifies and implements strategies to improve reliability, leveraging automation wherever possible.
- Seeks to integrate digital methods for agile, rapid prototyping, and for customer involvement.
- Plans, researches, and designs robust security architectures, standards, systems and authentication protocols for any IT project.
- Participates and contributes to future Infrastructure Releases and Middleware/Hub.
- Ensures that chosen technology is flexible, supportable and requires minimal maintenance.
- Ensures the tactical implementation of the computing styles and architecture.
- Provides security review and guidance for projects driven by groups outside of Information security, specifically developing security requirements and developing secure designs.
- Reviews architectural designs and makes recommendations for improvements.
- Participates in checkpoint and design reviews.
- Participates in Information security projects throughout the entire project lifecycle.
- Authors security standards and procedures.
- Develops a complete understanding of a company’s technology and information systems.
- Performs vulnerability testing, risk analyses and security assessments.
- Analyzes trends to proactively prevent problems. Effectively resolves and follows-up on problems as they occur.
- Develops and recommends productivity aids in all aspects of assignments to accelerate delivery.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a senior specialist resource across BMO.
- Influences how teams/groups work together.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to multiple, interdependent, complex problems.
- Communicates abstract concepts in simple terms.
- Fosters strong internal and external networks and works with and across multiple teams to achieve business objectives.
- Anticipates trends and responds by implementing appropriate changes.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- 10-15 years of cyber security experience, of which 3-5 years should be focused on cloud security. Candidates will have experience working with foundational cloud systems such as AWS, (and preferably Azure and GCP);
- Experience with Cloud Security Alliance (CSA) Cloud Security Matrix and associated domains
- Familiarity with the NIST Cloud Computing Referencing Architecture (800 Series) and associated standards Ability to influence the strategy and technical viewpoints.
- Knowledge of cloud security Concepts, Tools, Products and Solutions (CASB, CSPM ,CWPP, etc.).
- Knowledge of Cloud Service Delivery Models and Deployment Models Knowledge of specific service offerings from various cloud service providers and associated security considerations Knowledge of Information security risk, and industry best practices applicability in cloud, with relevant experience
- Ability to work cross-functionally, individually, and to lead work among a team
- Execution oriented and a self-motivator
- Excellent verbal and written communication facilitation, leadership, and presentation skills Ability to communicate clearly and to interact effectively at all levels of the organization, and to influence as warranted and appropriate
- Passion and expertise in cloud security & governance, with an ability to be confident, respectful, and articulate when registering dissenting or unpopular opinions Ability to manage multiple projects while maintaining superior results
- Knowledge of Corporate Policies, Standards, and operating procedures relating to information security risk.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - In-depth / Expert.
- Cloud Certifications desirable
- Typically 9+ years of relevant experience and a post-secondary degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Engineering, and/or Information Systems or a related field of study or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Information Security certification is preferred e.g. CISSP, CISSLP, GIAC etc.
- Knowledge of computer or network systems hardware and software theory, practice, concepts and technology relevant to organizational vision - Expert.
- Sufficient business knowledge to assess impact of applied technology on customer’s business processes.
- Knowledge of project management methodology and its applicability to successful delivery of technical change - Expert.
- Understands the strategic technical direction of: Middleware, Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment Testing, Systems Management, Enterprise Data & Access Layers, Pertinent Styles of Computing - Expert.
- Understanding and problem solving ability of Information Technology of various scale, degree and dimension of complexity - Expert.
- Proficient in the in the techniques that go into producing designs of complex systems, including requirements discovery and analysis, formulation of solution context, identification of solution alternatives and their assessment, technology selection, and design configuration.
- Knowledge of NIST/ISO security frameworks - Working.
- Knowledge of network protocols and networking infrastructure - In-depth.
- Knowledge of Information Security risk, and industry best practices with minimum of 5 years relevant experience - In-depth.
- Knowledge of the technical areas such as data warehouses, mainframes, networks, applications etc. - In-depth.
- Knowledge of Corporate Policies, Standards, and operating procedures relating to information security risk - In-depth.
- Knowledge of the technology domain the architecture is being developed for. E.g. Databases, Product, Service, etc. - Expert.
- Knowledge of the organization's technologies and architectures - Expert.
- Deep technical and system-level expertise in one or more technology areas.
- Seasoned expert with extensive industry knowledge.
- Technical leader viewed as a thought leader for innovation.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Expert.
- Influence skills - Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - Expert.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at [Register to View] .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.