Product Manager - Global Equities Client Technology (R210028947_New_York)
Address:3 Times Square
Job Family Group:Technology
Plans, prioritizes and delivers solutions that represent the best value technology spend while observing technology governance within prescribed limits. Manages and maintains the ongoing solutions delivered to the designated business/group. Acts as a platform or application owner. Manages the end to end development process to ensure that the right solutions are delivered and addresses any operational concerns once in production. Delivers on time and one budget and adheres to required standards.
- Fosters a culture aligned to BMO purpose, values and strategy and role models BMO values and behaviours in all that they do.
- Ensures alignment between values and behaviour that fosters diversity and inclusion.
- Regularly connects work to BMO’s purpose, sets inspirational goals, defines clear expected outcomes, and ensures clear accountability for follow through.
- Builds interdependent teams that collaborate across functional and operating groups to create the highest value for all stakeholders.
- Attracts, retains, and enables the career development of top talent.
- Improves team performance, recognizes and rewards performance, coaches employees, supports their development, and manages poor performance.
- Acts as a trusted advisor to senior leaders for making business decisions and implementing strategic initiatives.
- Develops an expert understanding of business/group challenges.
- Networks with industry contacts to gather competitive insights and best practices.
- Understands & resolves the most complex technology issues/challenges.
- Works with senior leaders to identify, develop and execute recommendations for short and long term strategic directions/opportunities in support of the achievement of the business plan objectives and overall results.
- Develops the business case by identifying needs, analysing potential options and assessing expected return on investment.
- Recommends business priorities, advises on resource requirements and develops roadmap for strategic execution.
- Manages resources and leads the execution of strategic initiatives to deliver on business and financial goals.
- Acts as the prime contact for internal/external stakeholder relationships, which may include regulators.
- Defines business requirements for analytics & reporting to ensure data insights inform business decision making.
- Breaks down strategic problems, and analyses data and information to provide insights and recommendations.
- Monitors and tracks performance, and addresses any issues.
- Reviews, approves, and provides technical expert guidance on the Operational Vision (or business case) and application architecture
- Creates proper planning process (e.g., development of a pandemic plan and development of a Business Continuity Plan) to ensure performance, availability, and problem recovery of platform applications in achieving the agreed Service Level Agreements (SLAs).
- Provides internal stakeholders with an effective primary point of contact and ownership for planning, delivery and management of technology solutions.
- Ensures ongoing viability of technology platform assets.
- Identifies opportunities and provides recommendations by communicating complex technical strategies and design to senior leaders.
- Provides informed and considered recommendations & solutions to complex technical issues to improve productivity and profitability of technology platform assets.
- Recommends and approves changes to systems, procedures, products and people to meet plans, achieve goals, and maximize scorecard.
- Defines and documents application architecture & other system documentation to ensure adherence to standards and alignment to the technical strategies.
- Participates in the development of business/group strategic plans to enable annual results as well as results over a longer timeframe.
- Collaborates to identify high value technology requirements and solution opportunities.
- Negotiates technology priorities; develops and maintains a financially sound integrated investment plan.
- Assesses value of potential work and understands all work included in the annual plan.
- Prioritizes and coordinates development team activities for multiple initiatives of varying complexity in order to meet client demands while maintaining defined Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and technical stewardship over platform applications.
- Determines overall plans and priorities.
- Ensures optimal decision-making between internal stakeholders, including between the business/group and Technology senior leaders.
- Evaluates external vendor offerings and selects cost-effective service providers who will deliver.
- Operates at a group/enterprise-wide level and serves as a senior specialist resource across BMO.
- Influences how teams/groups work together.
- Applies expertise and thinks creatively to address unique or ambiguous situations and to find solutions to multiple, interdependent, complex problems.
- Communicates abstract concepts in simple terms.
- Fosters strong internal and external networks and works with and across multiple teams to achieve business objectives.
- Anticipates trends and responds by implementing appropriate changes.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
- Typically 10+ years of work experience in IT or business environment and/or BS/BA or MBA/MS in computer science, engineering, information systems, math or business
- Expert level of knowledge in domain Broad/diverse business knowledge of a range of functions, products and/or systems, or expert knowledge of specialized functions, products and/or systems
- Knowledge of software development practices, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and/or work experience.
- Knowledge of required programming languages and can code with little oversight.
- Knowledge of technical/business environment and processes.
- Understand functional aspects and technical behavior of the underlying operating system, development environment, and deployment practices.
- Have facility with and understanding of the ecosystem that code operates in.
- Seasoned expert with extensive industry knowledge.
- Technical leader viewed as a thought leader for innovation.
- Verbal & written communication skills - Expert.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - Expert.
- Influence skills - Expert.
- Collaboration & team skills; with a focus on cross-group collaboration - Expert.
- Able to manage ambiguity.
- Data driven decision making - Expert.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at [Register to View] .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.