PAM, Senior Specialist (R210027423_Phoenix)
Address:VIRTUAL13 - HomeRes - IL
Job Family Group:Technology
The Financial Crimes Unit (FCU) brings together our Cybersecurity, Fraud, Physical Security and Resilience Planning capabilities to address the ever-growing and increasingly complex global security environment. It is a highly collaborative effort that greatly enhances BMO’s ability to rapidly prevent, detect, respond to, and recover from all security & crisis threats. This position offers a unique experience to learn from experienced leaders in the industry, join a team building the 21st century model for security and helping grow the good by protecting our customers and communities.
As a PAM Architect you will act as an internal consultant to the application support teams advising on the execution and implementation of the EIAM teams defined architecture and process that you helped designed in addition to governance and oversight of the PAM security posture in the BMO environment. The BMO environment is a Hybrid cloud deployment, and this role provides exposure to industry leading tools and cloud services . You will also have strong exposure with cloud, and assist in closure of multi-year audit findings utilizing PAM services across a large global enterprise.
The PAM team within EIAM is currently comprised of a diverse group of 14 individuals and the primary responsibilities of the team are PAM intake, operations, and governance utilizing BMO's PAM platform and toolsets.
*This role may require some support work as/if needed. You will be an an escalation point, and will be on-call if assistance is required. #bmocybersecurity
Monitors, restores service, changes, supports and handles day-to-day activities 7/24/365 required to run the mission critical Information Security systems for BMO. Provides responsive customer service in support of cyber security.
- Builds effective relationships with internal/external stakeholders.
- Anticipates and reduces complexity for others.
- Prepares and delivers presentations for senior management.
- Provides input into the planning and implementation of operational programs.
- Develops and documents procedures and processes, conforming to the industry best practices and Bank’s security regulations, policies and standards.
- Leads the preparation of end user reference materials.
- Gathers requirements and documents these requirements for use in various audits, reports, & projects.
- Acts in a larger project planning capacity, audits the quality of reports submitted by analysts and provides related coaching and support.
- Performs governance and oversight in support of the team, by producing and reviewing reports to ensure completeness and compliance to applicable standards.
- Monitors & maintains security tools and applications.
- Creates activity reports for security tools and applications.
- Collaborates with internal and external stakeholders in order to deliver on business objectives and to support operational activities for Information Security.
- Develops an understanding of organizational interactions and complexity to engage with the appropriate matrix areas.
- Actions service requests, transactions, queries etc. within relevant service level agreements.
- Coordinates and facilitates incident management activities. Includes deploying changes to the production environment and engaging 2rd party providers contracted to the Bank during an incident.
- Recommends approaches or changes to streamline and integrates security processes and systems in the organization, while considering Information Security methodology to improve overall efficiency.
- Provides technical Information Security subject matter expertise.
- Identifies opportunities to strengthen the capability of the Information Security organization at BMO, such as: sharing expertise to promote technical development and mentoring employees.
- Stays abreast of industry technical and business trends through participation in professional associations, practice communities and individual learning.
- Ensures consistent, high quality practices/work and the achievement of business results in alignment with business/group strategies and with productivity goals.
- Focus is primarily on business/group within BMO; may have broader, enterprise-wide focus.
- Provides specialized consulting, analytical and technical support.
- Exercises judgment to identify, diagnose, and solve problems within given rules.
- Works independently and regularly handles non-routine situations.
- Broader work or accountabilities may be assigned as needed.
SKILLS AND Qualifications:
- Min 2+ years Experience in Cloud Identity and Access Management (IAM/PAM) solutions such as HashiVault and Conjur
- Experience with modern API protocols (REST/SCIM)
- Expertise in Identity Governance and Administrative concepts; including entitlements, role based access provisioning, zero trust, and privileged access management
- Typically between 4 - 7 years of relevant experience and post-secondary degree in in Business or Computer Science, or a related field of study or an equivalent combination of formal training, or industry / technical certifications or work experience.
- Has at least one certification in a related field, with strong preference for Information Security certifications from a well-recognized institution (e.g. (ISC)2, ISACA, SANS).
- Understanding and problem solving ability of IS issues within their business group, appreciating the scope of complexity that exists in the operating environment and the ways which security platforms impact that environment - In-depth.
- Experience in Information Security or with multiple areas of systems and computer operations (e.g. Identity & Access Management, IT operations, Certification & Key Management, Security Platform Administration, Security Incident Response)
- Understanding and problem solving ability of information security issues within their business group - In-depth.
- Partnering, communication, and negotiation skills to communicate effectively within the team and with technology and business partners - In-depth.
- Understands the scope of complexity that exists in the operating environment and the ways which security platforms impact that environment.
- Knowledge of Information Security support and operations concepts, practices, concepts, and technology obtained through formal training and work experience.
- Knowledge of Information Security processes, procedures and controls - In-depth.
- Knowledge of the technical and business environment and the corporate processes and procedures - In-depth.
- Understanding of Information Security risk and regulatory requirements.
- Deep knowledge and technical proficiency gained through extensive education and business experience.
- Verbal & written communication skills - In-depth.
- Collaboration & team skills - In-depth.
- Analytical and problem solving skills - In-depth.
- Influence skills - In-depth.
- Data driven decision making - In-depth.
We’re here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we are driven by a shared Purpose: Boldly Grow the Good in business and life. It calls on us to create lasting, positive change for our customers, our communities and our people. By working together, innovating and pushing boundaries, we transform lives and businesses, and power economic growth around the world.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one – for yourself and our customers. We’ll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we’ll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at [Register to View] .
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other’s differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.